3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 23, 2020

Patient Service Advocate

Full-time in Plymouth, MN
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,149 ratings from 80 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Patient Service Advocate

In this role, you have the opportunity to

The Patient Advocate is the primary point of contact advocating for patients throughout the order process, including, but not limited to: initial patient contact, initial verification of benefits, quoting benefit information, educating patients on the DME equipment offered along with the benefits of equipment and ongoing patient care. This role focuses on establishing and maintaining a customer-oriented and professional relationship with patients. As a Patient Advocate it is vital to be customer focused, passionate about helping people breathe better and dedicated to service excellence. Work is performed in accordance with standard operating procedures, all regulations and contractual obligations (such as HIPAA, ACHC and other compliance guidelines), and standard business practices. This role will work Monday thru Friday 10am to 7pm.

You are responsible for

• Build rapport telephonically and act as the primary point of contact for the patient
  • Responsible for initial contact with patient (i.e. verifying and editing patient demographic information as well explaining process to patients)
  • Educate patients regarding on medical devices and services, explain the benefits of therapy, and promote device retention when necessary
  • Follow up with patients regarding questions and concerns as well as progress and adherence
  • Take orders from patients for accessories
  • Explain shipment process and set expectations for product delivery
  • Responsible for initial, detailed verification of insurance
  • Understand and explain benefit information including financial responsibilities to patients
  • Review payment plan and assistance options with patients as needed, including completing pre-qualification procedures
  • Update patients on changes of insurance, additional information needed per insurance plan, and identify any breaks in service

You are a part of

Customer Support Team – RespirTech

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• 2 or 4 year college degree in business or healthcare related field or equivalent work experience
  • Minimum of 2+ year’s industry experience, preferably in healthcare, health insurance, and/or durable medical equipment.
  • Demonstrated sales support skills.
  • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal.  Enjoys telephonic work.
  • Attention to detail.
  • Ability to follow standard procedures.
  • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products- Outlook, Word and Excel
  • Knowledge of claims processing or electronic medical record system helpful.
  • Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
  • Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
  • Ability to problem solve both with our customers and internal staff to achieve successful outcomes for customers and the Company.
  • Ability to make informed decisions with available information.

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.