Quality Inspection Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage a team as the Quality Inspection Manager. Lead the coordination of a Quality Assurance section, department or functional area, with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. Reports to Quality Manufacturing Site Lead.
You are responsible for:
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to quality assurance subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to quality assurance policies and establishes procedures that affect the immediate organization(s). Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows quality assurances processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet scheduled and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers quality assurance schedules, performance requirements; and has budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate quality assurance supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas or customers.
Provides effective oversight of the execution of the Quality Plan, any Risk Management activities, and of all design related activities during the product/system lifecycle.
- Act as a single point of contact (person assigned to project team) responsible to ensure that hardware design meets quality and compliance standards for every milestone
- Responsible for performing timely, quality engineering tasks like: Assessing quality plans, test method validation, and reviewing test and other performance data, analyses market feedback, lead root cause analysis and quality problem solving.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
You are a part of
The Philips Hospital Respiratory Care business has three locations in the United States. Our products include invasive and noninvasive hospital ventilators, patient interfaces, sensors, and monitoring equipment. We believe that by understanding our customers’ problems we can ease the discomfort of ventilation by providing innovative solutions to improve the patient-ventilator experience, permit speech, and speed liberation. These technological breakthroughs allow the clinician to concentrate more on the patient and less on the device.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific-related field or equivalent demonstrated strong technical and mechanical competence
- More than 3 years of related experience in medical device or other regulated industry
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems, including software and hardware design issues
- Ability to lead effective corrective action using disciplined problem solving methods and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the business and effectively interact with employees, and managers on several levels and manufacturing locations
- Experience in leading people disciplinarily and technically
- Maintain strong focus on responsiveness, professionalism and high sense of urgency with internal customers
- Strong Project Management skills to implement all necessary parts of incoming inspection, final inspection, equipment qualification (IQ, OQ, PQ) and MRB
In return, we offer you
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)