3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on July 28, 2020

Associate Service Technician

Full-time in Mount Pleasant, US
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Associate Service Technician

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Performs evaluation, repair and estimates on medical equipment. Responsible for technical functions in support of service activities including test, checkout, modification, and assembly of devices requiring service. Recommends changes in equipment, procedures or test methods. Develop and test devices consistent with service and other specifications. Interacts with teams internally in order to further business opportunities, efficiencies, and compliance with regulations to which we are held accountable. Ensure all training requirements are update within our training system. Performs in other roles within the facility, as required, with the understanding that flexibility and cross-training leads to strong overall performance in varying conditions. Documents activities, as required, within various systems, electronic and paper based, in order to comply with regulations and increase traceability and transparency of activities performed.

Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.

This hours for this role will be Monday through Thursday 2:30pm to 12:30am

You are responsible for:

• Perform routine evaluation/ repair tasks and troubleshoot routine problems with Service Specs, Field Comm’s, Work Instructions, and Service Manuals and Procedures.
  • Assist with Service parts handling and inventory.
  • Collect and record specified test measurement on medical equipment.
  • Assist higher-level technicians in setup of equipment.
  • Interacts with teams internally in order to further business opportunities, efficiencies, and compliance with regulations to which we are held accountable.
  • Ensure all training requirements are update within our training system.
  • Performs in other roles within the facility, as required, with the understanding that flexibility and cross training leads to strong overall performance in varying conditions.
  • Documents activities, as required, within various systems, electronic and paper based, in order to comply with regulations and increase traceability and transparency of activities performed.

You are a part of

PS Quality Monitoring and Training Services within Philips where we are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• Associates degree in a technical area required; diversified work experience in an operational environment (manufacturing, warehouse, distribution or service).
  • Prior Mechanical or Electrical experience; troubleshooting/medical device experience preferred
  • High level of prior interaction with SAP experience, MS Office
  • Demonstrates ability to utilize resources in achieving goals.
  • Capability and experience in electronics repair, including AC and DC circuit theory, application, and use of related diagnostic instruments; experience in regulated industry preferred.
  • Ability to work well with other people, including remote teams with a different focus within the larger scope of Philips’ business.
  • Ability to lead others and drive the focus of customer needs; able to adapt to change and challenge the status quo.
  • Ability to provide thoughtful, reasoned explanations for improvement suggestions; possess positive belief in the Kaizen process and Lean methodology.
  • Possess an increased ability to take on multiple tasks and drive them to completion.

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.