Q&R Program Manager, Applications
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Program Manager provides leadership to project management staff and oversees aspects of the projects within their scope. In partnership with Project Managers, this includes the development, delivery, and scheduling of projects, in accordance to quality and regulatory demands and compliance requirements.
You are responsible for:
- Maintains responsibility for planning and organizing resources cross-functionally to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own projects while guiding those of their department.
- Works with Program Director to respond to, solve and makes decisions on business requests that have department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues and collaborates with Program Director to execute accordingly.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff. Typically, influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Recommends budgets, resources and timing while creating project plans and securing team assignments with functional managers. Works with Program director to secure budgeting for projects within their span of control.
- Responsible for establishing and managing the scope, critical path and budget of projects within their scope, and coordinating with Program Manager to secure alignment with Program wide projects.
- Coach, mentor, manage and develop Project Managers within own team.
- Accountable for meeting compliance requirements of external governing authorities, internal Quality Management Systems and Philips business process methodologies (e.g., PEPF, SIM)
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with teams and utilizes key project management tools (Risk Management Plan, Program/Project Plan, Schedule, Resource Plan, Daily Management, RACI’s, etc.) to effectively mitigate risks and provide clear direction.
- Participate in continuous improvement project teams; determine effectiveness of improvement activities and applicability to own team. Be a catalyst for change
- Actively engage in the recruitment, development and mentoring of talent.
You are a part of:
As a result of Philips renewed dedication to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear collaboration with Philips Business Group and Market leadership, and can harness the expertise of five Centers of Excellence (COEs). These 5 COEs specialize in the following capabilities: Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Supplier Quality, Quality Management System, Quality Assurance & Engineering, and Compliance & Audit. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Influence Without Authority: Foster an environment where people accept direction and ideas, because they want to and they feel good about supporting the overall goals.
- Accountability: Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Situational Thinking: Maintain flexibility in thinking through challenges, making decisions and solving problems in a variety of situations (e.g. analytical, creative, implicative, strategic) can easily navigate between strategy and technical detail)
- Ongoing Passion for Learning: Constantly develop and renew leadership and technical skill set for yourself as well as those on the team
- Ability to effectively communicate detailed information and strategic decisions, and respond to questions from project stakeholders of all levels, including C-Suite Members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English Language
- Ability to draw out organizational requirements from and intelligently drive decision making with stakeholders
- Ability to direct and influence others to work within and deliver under rigorous timelines
- 5+ years of experience with advanced levels of project management principles.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a project management/program management environment
- Proven experience with managing mid to high complexity level projects in a complex matrix organization
- Strong ability to manage projects remotely, with teams located in various sites and/or countries
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, supply chain operations, Quality Management or a related field. Comparable business experience to a bachelor’s degree will also be considered for exceptional candidates, at hiring manager’s discretion.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS), Good Documentation Practices, Medical Device Manufacturing
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this global role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)