Director of PMO
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Work in our Image Guided Therapy Devices Business Unit as Director of Program Management Office (PMO). You will fulfill the role as the strategic leader for New Product Innovation (NPI) projects. The successful candidate will have strong project and program management skills. In addition, this role requires leadership skills that role model the ability to influence and lead within a rapidly evolving, cross-functional, and highly regulated environment.
The Director of PMO will be responsible for the performance of multiple teams and for adherence to company procedures, applicable regulations and standards to achieve the agreed upon project outcomes. The candidate will drive the product innovation process for multiple strategic projects to deliver on time, meeting quality and cost metrics, and providing value to the customer.
You are responsible for:
- Leading multiple projects and teams that require significant cross-functional involvement and product lifecycle management.
- Administering NPI roadmap to ensure projects are on track to realistic goals.
- Proactively evaluating multiple project for opportunities to improve performance at a program level.
- Formulating and implementing long-term vision/direction/strategy of the department by steering the group to add maximum value to the business.
- Managing the capabilities of the department: Develop and maintain a long-term view on the required competences and knowledge to successfully launch new products.
- Ensuring that there are adequate resources and tools at the proper time. Preserve and improve the department’s knowledge and expertise. Lead career development efforts for direct reports. Provide coaching/mentoring to direct reports to standardize best practices across all projects.
- Ensuring team members adhere to internal procedures and regulatory requirements. Ensure compliance with all company required management systems.
- Serving as expert to project teams on overall product lifecycle management process.
- Working across the borders of the own department to formulate strategies or project proposals across functions, cooperating with other department heads, programs and the business.
- Initiating and drive at department level and positively influencing other disciplines by leading a cross-functional senior manager level NPI Program team focused on driving cross-functional NPI alignment, functional strategies, and execution management of NPIs
- Aligning NPI roadmap with strategic portfolio management efforts in collaboration with Marketing Leaders
- Collaborating and partnering with Finance business and Program Team members to create annual AOP for NPI budget
- Escalate cross-functional support issues to the resource manager or leadership, as appropriate.
- Technical ability to understand and effectively orchestrate the work across multiple functions. Technical background in engineering or science (R&D Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Quality Engineering is preferred).
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communicate in a style that is timely, proactive, concise, candid, accurate, and clear.
- Crafts an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences based on consistently demonstrated personal values.
- Commitment to proactive teambuilding & teammate mentoring.
- Champion for continuous improvement as demonstrated by personal example.
You are a part of:
As a highly influential leader, you will be part of a team who will be key in shaping new product development project strategy and driving execution for high impact results to help drive our mission of delivering consistently high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering and or Bachelors in Science.
- An advanced degree is preferred (MS, PhD, or MBA).
- 8 + years’ experience as a Program Manager within R&D.
- 3+ years' experience in a Supervisory or Management is required.
- Experience leading design change management of globally distributed product lines.
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional peers.
- Experience in a regulated industry required (medical device development experience preferred along with a solid working knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO 13485.)
Managing 5 to 8 direct reports.
In return, we offer you:
If you are interested in driving action to improve patients’ lives so they get home healthier and faster and stay there longer, then this position is poised to help you achieve that goal. This position offers site leadership experience within our Image Guided Therapy Devices product offering which improves outcomes in both peripheral and coronary arterial diseases.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video. To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)