Product Industrialization/AME Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Colorado Springs, CO.)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
be responsible for developing processes for medical device products meeting ASTM standards. You will also own the transition of these products and processes in the transition from engineering to production.
You are responsible for
- Becoming an integral member of cross-functional Product Development core team(s); confirming designs for manufacturing and working with Product Development Engineers to develop robust designs and processes for manufacturing to deliver products safely to customers.
- Develop methodology and best practice criteria for manufacturing engineering. Demonstrate competency evaluating and solving challenging manufacturing situations to meet essential requirements
- Developing clear and well understood documentation which may include, but is not limited to protocols, deviations, reports, Process FMEAs, drawings, and documentation for acquisition of capital equipment including equipment specification. Also includes detailed, easy to follow SOP and process work instructions for manufacturing.
- Initiating, designing, optimizing, and developing systems, equipment and processes in order to meet or exceed department and company objectives. Evaluating, making recommendations and procuring any capital manufacturing equipment required to provide capacity for production of new products.
- Demonstrating working knowledge of product testing methods for endurance and durability to develop accurate and sound process characterization. Apply technical rigor associated with process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) for new processes and equipment.
- Develop processes which are highly capable that when transferred to production are improving safety, quality, output and eliminating scrap. Be mindful of the impact of new processes on our sustaining counterparts.
- Use process thinking and lean tools to develop standard work, eliminate waste at the bottlenecks and simultaneously increase productivity, quality, and safety while lowering costs.
- Develop solutions to safety or ergonomic concerns, which may involve analyzing work methods, developing fixtures or identifying new ways of doing a task.
- Owning the capability in lean manufacturing techniques and application of those techniques
- Able to translate design related use-conditions and requirements to Process requirements that are used to develop highly reliable assembly methods.
- Developing and designing process monitoring systems to control and verify process requirements.
- Contributing to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results. Training less experienced personnel on established methods and procedures. Facilitating the transfer of technical knowledge, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
- Communicating fully with management and others who have a need to know. Being informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicating in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Demonstrate Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) per regulatory requirements. Working knowledge of AGILE and other quality systems ensuring good documentation practices (GDP) are maintained.
You are a part of
ME team and will be highly influential driver who will be key in supporting our sustaining and production needs for high impact results helping achieve our mission of delivering consistent high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in Mechanical Engineering but may also be Chemical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering degree; advanced degree is preferred
- Effective working knowledge and experience with Project Management, Lean, Design for Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing and Reliability (DRM), DOE, Process Control (SPC), process FMEA, validation/qualification, traceability, and process documentation.
- Familiarity with the Agile Scrum methodology a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in product design and processing methods in manufacturing and product/process development.
- Advanced knowledge of job related tools, processes, testing equipment, and catheter production equipment preferred. Demonstrated history of fast learning for job related tools, processes, equipment required
- Working knowledge of basic PC programs (WORD, Excel, Power Point, and basic documentation systems). Experience in CAD programs required (SolidWorks preferred).
- Statistical analysis skill set is required
- Self-starter, innovative, resourceful, work with minimal direction, and should have excellent skills in problem solving and troubleshooting, oral and written communications, and teaming skills.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)