Senior Revenue Accountant
In this role, you have the opportunity to work closely with the NAM market business operations and finance business partners on ad-hoc analysis, investigation, manual adjustments, and other project accounting and inventory related to matters.
- Prepares and submit monthly journal entries (both routine and ad-hoc) and ensure timely and accurate booking with complete supporting documentation.
- Prepares and review account reconciliation and ensure compliance with accounting standards and Philips policies.
- Participates in all ad-hoc projects, including the implementation of ERP software and its related application, process change, acquisitions and integrations, etc.
- Prepares and coordinate audit requests and ensure timely deliverables to all audit requests.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate financial internal controls related to revenue recognition and project accounting.
- Ensures the consistent practice and application of the Company’s revenue accounting policies, with particular attention to areas requiring judgment and estimates, and provides clear and balanced recommendations to address important accounting and finance matters.
- Understands the business and is responsive to the needs of operating business partners. Recommends and implements improvements, as needed.
- Support the local ORUs and Infosys in providing accurate and timely data for group consolidation & reporting (Month End Close). Provide accurate & timely data for fiscal reporting and other requirements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent required. CPA highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years public accounting audit work experience or 5 years industry work experience plus minimum 2 years of revenue recognition work experience.
- Strong experience with working knowledge of SAP ERP.
- Advanced working knowledge of US accounting and auditing regulations and accounting policies and practices related to revenue. Unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
- Strong business acumen and judgment with proven ability to think strategically about business issues.
- Effective at driving change and managing cross functional relationships to achieve desired results.
- Maintains effective external industry and professional network.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, global environment, and capable of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical, proposal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills, advanced technology skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent at workload prioritization, resource management, and project management. Develops and manages effective and efficient processes.
- Proven ability to partner and work effectively in a complex, global environment including capability of gaining commitment and coordinated action for initiatives. Maintains effective working relationships across the company and with all parties.
- English language fluency required
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)