Security / Receptionist, Philips Healthcare, (Ontario, California)
You are responsible for
- Prioritize tasks and respond to ad hoc requests
- Complete and submit report forms relating to any accident/incident involving any member of staff or visitors
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates
- Respond immediately to intruder/panic/fire alarms upon activation during working hours
- Attend any major incident as required
- Ensure that fire alarm testing takes place and is recorded
- Ensure that pest control maintenance takes place and is recorded
- Control and issue badges in line with site policies
- Document all incidents in the daily occurrence book
- Report any faults to direct supervisors
- Provide written reports and witness statements to the Police if required
- Enforce the Philips PSCS security-related procedures including CCTV and car parking
- Improve security awareness by directing people towards sources of advice or information
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary
- Ensure that secure quality management is in place and adhered to by all parties
- Monitor the CCTV system, access control system, fire alarm system, and panic alarm system
- Comply with site-specific guidelines and duties as laid out in the assignment instructions
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the security of premises
- Receiving and booking in visitors to the site, issuing them with the appropriate ID passes, directing them to the correct destination and contacting the relevant host
- Any reception duties as required, such as work processing, answering phones, entering purchase request, ordering lunches, and managing visitor car parking
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler
- Full uniform must be worn at all times unless authorized by supervisory or management staff
- Responsible for the upkeep for all uniform and equipment issued to them
- All protective equipment supplied must be worn where appropriate
- Responsible for the care of all security control room equipment and general tidiness of the security control room, conference rooms, and facility
- Must look clean and presentable at all times whilst on shift.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Able to develop and build good client & customer relationships
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Able to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures created by colleagues and members of the public including rapid response emergencies
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Excellent communication skills
- A background in security services
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues
- All employees are expected to adhere to Philips health and safety regulations and Equal opportunity regulations
- To be able to write accurate, legible operational logs, security reports, and statements
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)