Principal Supplier Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
to improve sourcing support of our New Product Development (NPD) function by developing and leading robust sourcing processes that drive selection of the best suppliers based on all technical, quality and business (including cost) requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
You are responsible for
- Expert as technical lead with proven experience in supplier selection, approval, classification, and development through a combination of audits and product or process qualifications.
- Collaborate with suppliers in defining supplied material specifications, identifying critical component features and supplier manufacturing processes, developing and validating supplier manufacturing processes, and implementing appropriate process controls and monitoring
- Assist suppliers with the development and implementation of statistical sampling plans and inspection procedures.
- Managing the update to our APQP process, Supplier Improvement, Supplier Quality Performance Monitoring and assisting in the development of Quality processes relating to Supplier Quality Control’s
- working with the team to assist in supplier audits and supplier qualification, assessing supplier capabilities, supplier quality controls, adherence to design outputs, audit and inspection experience
- Strong knowledge of QSIT and serving as a Quality interface to suppliers supporting quality and productivity goals, proactively monitoring and measuring product/process quality and performance trends, and troubleshooting of production/release issues.
- Perform failure investigations in order to determine the root cause of supplied material failures. Recommend, implement and follow-up on corrective/preventative actions.
- Serve as technical resource for process improvement projects such as alternative measurement/testing methodologies, supplier supplied data, and Master Lot qualification programs.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the Material Review Board to determine the appropriate disposition and required corrective action of discrepant material during New Product Development
- Ensure regulatory compliance in production processes with FDA QSR and ISO 13485:2003 regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for supplier quality documentation review and control in the Philips' Document Control system
- Lead CAPA teams through root cause investigations to implementation and final verification
- Assure quality systems of OEMs, manufacturers and suppliers’ are maintained and acceptance criteria are in alignment with component/product use and customer expectations.
- Provide Quality oversight of product/process change requests from suppliers, ensuring appropriate regulatory review and adequate validation to support requested changes.
- Serve as internal and supplier quality auditor, managing planning, execution, reporting and closure of audits.
You are a part of
Our dynamic sourcing team that supports our suppliers, Purchasing, Supplier Quality Engineering and the NPD project teams.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Process Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- 10+ years of supplier management engineering experience in a medical device (Class II & III) or similar environment desirable
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification in Six Sigma / Lean Sigma a strong plus
- Knowledge or experience with CPK, APQP, Process Capability Statistics in relation to Six Sigma which is essentially process optimization
- Must be able to travel 30%
- Knowledge of QSIT
- Evaluation of measurement system capabilities and biases
- Process qualification and validation
- Non-conforming Materials / MRB participation experience required leadership of MRB is a plus.
- Good understanding & experience in advanced problem solving including statistical techniques
- Must be able to read blueprints and diagrams.
- Proficient in technical mathematics and statistical process control
- Must be computer proficient (Microsoft Office Suite required), MS-Project, Mini-Tab or JMP (statistics) and Visio (flowcharting) experience a plus.
- Proven ability to lead (influence) in a cross-departmental technical environment
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)