3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on Sept. 16, 2020

Warehouse clerk

Full-time in Mount Pleasant, US
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Warehouse Clerk

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Perform physical distribution tasks according to prescribed working instructions and pick tickets, such as storing and picking goods, transporting goods with the aid of forklift trucks and packaging, labeling and shipping goods within the warehouse.

You are responsible for

• Receiving, unpacking, checking and stocking materials, while recording items taken from inventory and documenting when completed.
  • Completing orders as part of a team or individually: picking orders and wrapping or packing orders in shipping containers.
  • Addressing and labeling packages, computing freight rates, while recording the weight and cost of each shipment.
  • Sorting, organizing, and marking items with identifying labels (i.e. such as inventory codes), so that inventories can be located quickly and easily.
  • Reviewing and fulfilling customer orders quickly and accurately against pick tickets, while printing, picking, packing, data entering and manifesting, ensuring accurate order and invoicing for customer.
  • Following all applicable procedures outlined within the quality system.
  • Assuring accurate, efficient, cost effective completion of customer orders with a sense of urgency, while following safety guidelines.
  • Overtime is an essential function of this second shift position 7:00am-3:00pm

You are a part of

The Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) business unit, which exists to restore natural sleep and breathing. Our success spans more than three decades and can be attributed to our passion for deeply understanding the needs of the patients we serve. We leverage these insights to develop intuitive and seamlessly connected solutions that improve quality of life and help people rediscover their dreams. You will be reporting directly to the Supervisor of Distribution.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• High School Diploma or GED (REQUIRED)
  • 1+ year of experience working with manufacturing/warehousing
  • Experience with a Forklift and Stock Picker (preferred)
  • Basic Computer skills required; Microsoft Office and SAP
  • Physical Requirements; this position requires the ability to move on a continuous basis in order to efficiently get to various work areas, regularly lifting 15-20 pounds and infrequent lifting up to 60 pounds and the ability to reach and ability to use fine manipulation skills
  • The ability to read, speak and understand the English language is required in order to interpret the work instructions, procedures necessary to perform work tasks and comprehend the documents that comprise our Quality System, in order to comply with FDA regulations
  • Manual dexterity and the ability to work productively on a repetitive basis is required.

In return, we offer you

The opportunity to drive commitment towards continuous improvement and vocalize suggestions and concerns, while assisting with idea generation for solutions. As well, help improve the line yield, determine what can be done to identify problems and aide in improving overall process to reduce errors and failures in the future.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran