Sr. Manager, Inside Sales - Oral Healthcare (Stamford, CT)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Lead a team of supervisors and inside sales representatives to growth of our Oral Healthcare portfolio, through both direct sales and indirect sales (Most Often Recommended). The inside sales center includes a team of 35-40 people who support the field sales team and remotely cover uncovered territories.
You are responsible for:
- Direct supervision, coaching, and evaluation of three supervisors who oversee all functions of the inside sales center
- With the Sr. Director of Sales and Service, sets the ambition/goals for the Inside Sales function based on overall business objectives
- Accountable for approximately 35 inside sales and service representatives, who cover 3 key areas: 1) Inside Sales Specialists (ISS) – who cover areas of the country not covered by outside field sales representatives; 2) Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) – who support four field sales representatives (FSR) in sales execution and support; 3) Enterprise Support (ES) – who support our Corporate Accounts
- Establishing clear expectations, measuring results, and holding team accountable for performance
- Ensuring supervisors are conducting and evaluating call audits to: learn areas of opportunity to improve (review against call criteria); to coach and support with additional training and reinforcement of expectations
- Creating an environment of continuous improvement using LEAN and PDCA methodologies to develop a high-performance team
- All aspects of Inside Sales Center management including hiring, on-boarding, development, balanced resources, performance management, and replacement
- Training, evaluating, coaching, developing, and determining the right make-up of personnel to support the needs of the greater sales organization
- Monitoring activity via metrics and dashboards to drive a high level of sales performance from the inside team
- Liaising with leadership to ensure a culture of teamwork and collaboration between the Field Sales, Inside Sales, and Customer Service teams
- Creating and maintaining a positive and engaged team atmosphere
You are a part of:
At Philips Oral Healthcare, we are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease. When successful, we not only improve patients’ oral health, but their overall health as well. We are passionate about improving quality of life with solutions designed around the needs of the dental professionals and their patients. Our tradition of innovation, combined with our ability to anticipate market needs, has made Philips Oral Healthcare a global leader in the markets we serve.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Experience managing sales teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. MapPoint proficiency is also needed for territory management
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods, and techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills; ability to effectively communicate with the team regarding expectations
- Effective organization including proper problem-solving and follow-up
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120-year legacy of innovation. Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)