Director, Philips Capital
In this role, you have the opportunity: to develop, drive and manage new and cross market repeatable financial solutions to drive growth within our business!
You are responsible for
- Drive and manage cross-market repeatable solutions/financing programs
- Maintain relationship with financing partners including commercial banks, finance companies, Export Credit Agencies (ECAs), private credit insurers, private equity, multilateral finance institutions
- Identify financing structures and engage with the NA Market to apply the same. Identify potential financing sources for Large Scale Projects (LSPs)
- Develop, manage and nurture relationships with financial institutions
- Drive growth by incremental deal creation and creation of incremental business in close coordination with central team
- Drive strategic and selective new financing solutions / programs for a minimal use of the Philips balance sheet while at same time meeting market and customer requirements in a dynamic business environment
- Developing specified number of new banking and funding relationships
- Drive out-of-the-box thought processes with markets, BGs and financing partners to create and develop solutions for the future. Shares best practices across markets
- Drive incremental funnel creation in close coordination with the Philips account managers & funnel management
- Track critical metrics to match and link closely with overall Philips Capital metrics in support of the markets
- Develops corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizes their implementation
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policymaking.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business
You are part of
An organization with an incredible diversity of nationalities, skills, backgrounds, functions and challenges. At Philips, we have opportunities for graduates as well as experienced professionals in everything from applied research to marketing and sales in over 100 countries. We’re a fascinating company to be part of, with a strong emphasis on cultural awareness, mutual understanding and out-of-the-box thinking.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Engineering or Business
- Professional experience in Finance and credit for medium to long term financing (including equity analysis, valuation and placement/sell-down)
- Strong analytical skills with solid financing process understanding, and related accounting / operational requirements.
- Significant due diligence experience of financial contracts including equity type (including legal and fiscal aspects)
- Good understanding of modelling (including NPV / IRR analysis
- Experience developing and driving strategic new financial solutions and programs
- Experience working with and managing relationships with financial institutions and partners
- Previous leadership experience across the spectrum of sales, finance, project development and structured financing
- Top-notch negotiation skills and people management in a global, cross cultural, matrix environment
In return we offer you
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world-leading organization that is backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation. Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to build a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)