In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage the Warehouse and Shipping teams within the Carlsbad, CA Philips location. As well, improving processes, reducing inventory and driving LEAN methodologies within the warehouse and shipping departments.
You are responsible for
- Managing inventory flow to operations and ensuring adhering to production schedules.
- Supervising shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, as well as stacking, picking and packaging of material.
- Performing warehouse management, including Kanban pull systems, plan for every part (PFEP) and general continuous improvement.
- Creating, tracking and meeting daily/weekly/monthly KPI’s.
- Ensuring the department’s cost-efficient operation by implementing and selecting the most cost-efficient carrier.
- Preparing and analyzing inventory reports to identify slow-moving or surplus stock.
- Determining space requirements for storage, delivery schedules and distribution of parts and materials to achieve distribution objectives.
- Coordinating with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carry costs.
- Recommending changes in standard operating procedures to drive operation efficiency.
- Ensuring the department meets all transportation laws including safety, hazardous goods etc.
You are a part of
The Monitoring and Analytics (MA) & Therapeutic Care Supply Chain OPS Logistics business group, within the Connected Care business cluster. The Connected Care business is bringing together monitoring and therapeutic devices, software and services to create smart solutions to deliver on the quadruple aim of value-based healthcare (improved health outcomes, improved patient experience, improved staff satisfaction and lower cost of care). You will report to the Director of Site Operations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent certifications
- 5+ years of experience managing people, inventory, warehousing and shipping within an operational setting
- 5+ years of experience working within an ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Global Supply chain and LEAN manufacturing experience (required)
- Experience working within a regulated environment (major plus)
- Ability to work cross functionality and pull together teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
In return, we offer you
Work cross functionally with multiple teams within the Supply Chain organization, while gaining experience and furthering your knowledge in a global medical device company.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)