Director, Lean Transformation
As a Lean Master working for the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Business Group, you will be in charge of making the “extraordinary transformation” a sustainable reality. IGT also means “Incredibly Great Team”, so we expect excellent results from all our team members.
The mission of the IGT Business Transformation team states: “We foster problem solvers. We support the IGT organization in making a problem solver out of each and every employee, creating an environment where problems are gold and people are not afraid of using lean tools as their standard way of working to achieve common organizational goals. A place where failure is accepted as a learning step.”
You are the driving strength which creates the culture and capability of continuous improvement across the BG using known methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma. As Ambassador of the Lean Excellence Phased Deployment Model, you will inspire managers and employees, and lead the entire organization through its implementation, using kaizen events and black belts projects as tools to solve real business problems delivering real, tangible and sustainable business results.
The Business Transformation team works towards the creation of a company that systematically applies continuous improvement methods to all our End2End (E2E) processes, driving better business results. You will constantly challenge the status quo and be the role model for End2End Lean Thinking.
You are responsible for
- Design, develop, and implement the lean improvement roadmap for your area of responsibility, linked to the business Hoshin and strategic priorities.
- Support the business in resolving issues, using the known lean and six sigma tools as well as the E2E methodology, Kaizen events and six sigma projects as a way to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory within your assigned geography / business perimeter.
- Ensure your kaizen events - six sigma projects are properly planned / executed / sustained.
- Analyzes key business metrics and situations from a “Site Leader's” point of view and engage with the management team and middle managers helping them in finding opportunities where lean, six sigma and E2E tools can be used to improve such metrics and situations.
- Creates Value Stream Map's (VSM) that will result in World-Class Lean Implementation using creativity and lean expertise. Identify and lead (where applicable) Kaizens needed to reach vision.
- Support the sites in their competence development ensuring the lean and six sigma foundation.
- Identify knowledge and competence gaps and enable/lead training and resource as necessary.
- Coach the Lean Champion, help identify other business resources which can become LEAN business resources
To succeed in this role you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in related function is required.
- 10+ years relevant Lean focused working experience in a global operating company preferably in a global role.
- You have a strong and demonstrated passion for Continuous Improvement
- You know how to motivate and engage people
- Be proficient in time and project management
- Be capable to inspire change with sense of urgency and bias for action
- You have a positive attitude, always
- You can trigger, plan, execute and sustain a kaizen event with world-class results
- You possess great networking skills and the ability to enthuse colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity.
- You are to work at every level of the organization, from Team Members to Executives.
- Business English both spoken and written is required
- Flexible towards travelling (50% travel), mainly within the assigned region, but also globally
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)