Sr. Indirect Tax Analyst
In this role you have the opportunity to:
Leverage your analytical, technical capabilities, persistence and enthusiasm to provide the utmost adherence to Indirect Tax compliance. You will continually expand your expertise in Indirect Tax and Accounting as well as demonstrate your abilities to bring superior accounting and leadership to Philips.
You are responsible for the following
Supporting the Indirect Tax team, Indirect Tax Manager and Indirect Tax Sales and Use Tax Audit Manager. Supporting a high volume of businesses across the United States, across several sectors, you must be able to respond quickly and maintain a high sense of urgency to ensure integrity and accuracy of the reporting from yourself. You will be responsible to build a network across the Philips organization as well as external third party support teams to leverage best- in-class results. To excel in this role you should be able to constantly challenge yourself and others to achieve and surpass the goals of the team.
- Reconcile data provided to third party to data entered on sales and use tax returns.
- Obtain and provide exemption certificates for audits.
- Provide and assist with gathering of any data requested by Group Tax for audits.
- Communicate audit findings and corrective actions needed to appropriate stakeholders.
- Oversee and provide guidance for sales tax disputes.
- Act as a backup for the functional mailbox, compliance reporting and MEC coverage.
- Create standard work for cross-training and internal audit purposes.
- Research tax related issues through various resources.
- Identify and implement Indirect Tax planning opportunities.
- Manage and perform special projects as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Taxation, Accounting, or Finance required.
- Knowledge of Vertex O Series required.
- Advanced Excel skill required.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of US Indirect tax laws/regulations.
- Able to work under critical time constraints.
- Excellent analytical, organization, planning and communication skills.
You are a part of our
Global Business Services (GBS) hub in Nashville, TN – responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity, and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. The Philips GBS Nashville hub has experienced significant growth in the Greater Nashville area since the original announcement of adding 800+ jobs in 2017. Philips is a global leader in health technology, and we are looking to build the team in Nashville with passionate, inspirational, collaborative, and diverse professionals empowering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2030.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to the Greater Nashville area.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)