Senior Project Manager- Transducer R&D
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Lead cross-functional teams responsible for large- scale Ultrasound Transducer projects, including Lifecycle Management of Transducers (NPI through End of Life of the product) within the Ultrasound Transducer/solutions portfolio.
You are responsible for:
- Leading cross-functional teams responsible for large- scale Transducer projects including Lifecycle Management of Transducers (NPI through End of Life of the product) within the Ultrasound portfolio.
- Proactively develop and implement Project Plans to ensure on time delivery to commitments, assess and mitigate risk, and underpin assurance of supply.
- Other areas of focus may be leading projects to address obsolescence, product quality, value engineering, and design transfer.
- Prepare the business case for NPI, Lifecycle, quality improvement and value engineering projects, analyze ROI and formulate the overall project structure and assignments.
- Partner with all functions in the business: R&D, Supply Chain, Service, Procurement, Finance and Business Segments Teams to develop the business case, achieve business case approval by stakeholders, and drive these projects to completion.
- Other responsibilities include: engaging with Philips functions to understand their needs and gathering consensus when there are conflicting priorities.
- Define the interfaces with internal and external Philips functions, and determine appropriate ways of working.
- Outline Project Risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Represent the project team in the business and will provide Management with regular project performance status updates, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions.
- Direct Project Leads and other team members located at multiple sites, giving them operational guidance. This includes motivating, directing, and integrating multiple functions and staff.
- Formulate and deploy process improvement initiatives to make the organization more lean and efficient.
- Plan, manage and optimize a multi-million-dollar budget for FTE and non-FTE, to maximize business returns.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures, and standards, and will lead quality initiatives to ensure quality deliverables of subsystems delivered.
- Keep abreast of developments in project management tools and processes (both internal and external).
You are a part of:
The Philips Ultrasound Transducer R&D organization, which creates some of the most advanced Ultrasound Transducers in the market, is a multi-site organization that works globally with Philips and suppliers to advance the state of the art in Transducer design and performance. We have a strong commitment to our customers, to innovation, and to quality. Ultrasound R&D is responsible for the complete product development lifecycle, working cross-functionally with each of the Business Segments (Cardiology, General Imaging, Value Segment, UltraMobile, Service), Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, Regulatory, and Business Development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum-BS in Technical, Engineering or Science discipline-Mechanical/Electrical/Biomedical/Systems or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5+ years Engineering/R&D Project/Program leadership
- Experience in Accounting or Financial Analysis is a plus.
- Successful track record of project management for Research & Development or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong aspiration to develop team members and self
- Great work ethic with a passion for quality, Lean and business efficiency
- Experience in a regulated medical device development and manufacturing environment
The following are preferred:
- Understanding of Ultrasound Business and Market
- Technical understanding of architecture, design and manufacturing; especially in Ultrasound or electronic devices.
- Experience leading Global teams/projects
- PMP Certification
- MBA or equivalent training
In return, we offer you:
An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)