Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) Manager has primary responsibilities for managing Supply Chain quality performance, designing and implementing strategies necessary to ensure a successful new part supplier process that will prevent possible customer complaints in the development or production process. This is a strategic role within Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business in which Senior SQE need to interface with regularly with the IGT supply base, as well as various key stakeholders within the Philips organization including R&D, Q&R., and Purchasing & Manufacturing. You will be responsible for managing all the needed steps to obtain customer satisfaction, both internal & external, with purchased parts, material, or equipment.
You are responsible for
- Implementing Global Supplier Quality Engineering initiatives
- Provide Supplier Quality Engineering leadership and vision to enable the organization’s short and long term objectives
- Develop and deploy supplier quality strategy in line with supply management and business strategy
- Deploy, set, assesses and decides (veto) on the quality aspects in the Supplier Selection process
- Ensure that the supplier partners related risks (quality; delivery; cost) are controlled and mitigated
- Deploy and follow-up on the Supplier Quality Related KPI’s towards the suppliers and SQE’s
- Ensures the assigned supply base meets the Philips sustainability requirements
- Develops multiple supplier relations in order to involve key suppliers as early as possible
- Recommend strategic directions, policies and establishes quality management directives
- Ensures the annual definition of the quality improvement plan (QIP) for strategic/preferred BOM suppliers based on business needs, ensure timely implementation
- A Supplier Quality Engineering practitioner translating business needs into supplier quality solutions for the assigned business
- Successfully integrates across multiple product lines and business
- Thorough knowledge about the business areas supported including their strategies, goals, competitive environment, functional processes, and organizational dynamics
- Fosters excellent cross-functional communications and integrates the work of managers to achieve business objectives
- Establishes short to medium term (<3 years) operational decisions
- Analyzes unusual and non-recurring related supply problems requiring diagnosis, testing and judgement of which approach or procedure is most appropriate
- Takes a business approach to scheduling and managing resources, future needs of the business, as well as functional and organizational policies and precedents
- Applies change management knowledge ensuring SQE set up new style for assigned business
- Develops and implements the job and organization structure and functional processes/procedures necessary to successfully deliver the work of the unit
- Exercises judgement and influence on key procurement decisions (e.g. standards and policies, vendor selection, cost, contractual clause) within the team Leads supplier quality teams in BU/BG
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of regulated industry experience (medical device (preferred); pharma, automotive or aerospace)
- Proven success in implementing global quality supplier quality initiatives
- Current certification with a recognized Accreditation body (i.e., RAB-QSA/IRCA) or successful completion of ASQ certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Biomedical Auditor or successful completion of a recognized Lead Auditor course.
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device regulations, requirements and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and 820, ISO13485, ISO14971, European Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC), Canadian Medical Devices Regulation (SOR/98-282), Japanese MHLW Ordinance 169, and ISO 9001.
- Expert level knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques in Purchasing, Operations and SQE including due diligence processes.
- Lead or people management experience of a larger team a plus
- Preferred to have broader experience including procurement, manufacturing engineering and project engineering.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)