Project Manager - Medical Consumables and Sensors
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead cross-functional teams comprised of R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, and Regulatory members through the entire lifecycle of select MCS Consumables product lines.
In this unique and rare opportunity, you will lead a cross-functional team through the entire lifecycle of multiple MCS Sensors product lines from ideation through planning and execution to release, and ongoing sustaining engineering until product end of life. This role includes collaborating with the cross-functional team and communicating to the category leadership team Project Management topics.
You will write, report and drive the project plans, including schedule, scope, resource and budget for the assigned measurement sensor product lines such as ECG Cables & Leads, NIBP, Capnography Sensors and filter lines, Temperature Probes, ECG Electrodes, and Fetal Monitoring sensors.
You are responsible for
- Project Management for NPI and sustaining design change projects for assigned product lines
- Define and drive Product Lifecycle Projects:
- Project Manage Cross-Functional team activities to achieve initial product releases and ongoing design changes throughout the product lifecycle
- Plan, execute, and communicate project and design deliverables
- Identify risk and actively follow up on response actions defined
- Manage the new product development process and deliverables for assigned product families
- Responsible for coordinating cross-functional and cross-business unit tasks and sub-projects having serious business level impact, such as:
- Assessing product designs for impact of changes to standards across all product lines
- Project Management of large-scale regulatory implementation projects across product lines such as MDR, RoHS/REACH, etc.
- Developing Project Management processes to standardize PMO way of working including project planning, tracking, risk management, and communication
- Lead Product Cross-Functional Teams according to Quality Management System processes and regulatory requirements
You are a part of
You will report directly to the Program Management Office Leader, Medical Consumables & Sensors (MCS) Business Category. MCS is a dynamic and growing part of Philips Monitoring and Analytics Business Group.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience/Preferred Skills:
- BS Engineering or Business Administration. Advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years’ minimum experience in product development project management. Medical device development experience preferred.
- Experience working in multiple functional disciplines (R&D, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Regulatory) is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 10993 and IEC 60601 series of standards preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills including root cause analysis and statistical techniques.
- Experience with FDA and MDD/MDR Quality Management System requirements, including Design Controls, Purchasing Controls, and Business risk management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing/improving product performance and product quality (defect rates, etc.) improvements. Experience with FMEA, Lean, DfX, and Reliability a plus.
- Project Management skills including status/KPI communication, schedule management (including tools such as MS Project) and budgeting is required.
- PMP certification preferred. Six Sigma/Lean Certifications preferred.
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams of engineers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including conflict resolution, negotiation, and influence management desired.
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office suite including MS Project and MS Teams/SharePoint.
In return, we offer you
The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)