Market Controller, North America (Andover/Cambridge)
In this role, you have the opportunity to influence the U.S. sales organization in driving $3B top line growth ambitions while assuring pricing strategies, organization design meet margin and EBiT targets.
In summary this Finance Business Partner role reports to the U.S. Market Finance Senior Director. In this role the candidate will partner with Sales Zone Vice President to establish and carry out a sales plan to meet our financial commitments. In the month activities will focus on deal analysis, strategy and positioning discussions between Sales Leaders, Sales Support, Marketing and the National Business Leader teams. This role acts as the finance lead within the Sales Zone providing financial insight to discount trending, contract negotiations, integral margin, financing solutions, Order/Sales performance and acts as the linking pin back into the Market Finance Team. During month end and forecasting periods the Zone Finance Director and Sales VP work with the Operations Team to develop an accurate achievable forecast while utilizing operational data dashboards and having line of sight to the Zone sales funnel via SalesForce.com. As the U.S. market operational tools and processes progress this role will have capacity to become the finance face to the customer on strategic deals outlining for CFOs what our solutions and offerings bring to the hospital from a financial perspective.
- Participate in Zone Management Team, drive financially sound business decision making
- Key stakeholder in driving the respective geographical financial planning and month end review processes for the Zone (Latest view, Quarterly Forecast and Month End commentary)
- Drives financial performance (P&L resp., Erosion control, Market Share, Growth & Profitability)
- Supports strategy development and business decision making with financial analysis, strategy modeling and portfolio management.
- Partner across functions to develop customer facing deal proposals which meet the current and strategic goals of the business.
- Engage with the Accounts Receivable and local account sales teams as needed to help drive improved collections performance
- Ensures financial and business controls are followed in all aspects of business in the Zone. Includes interactions with Legal on MFA and Sunshine Act compliance. Further with AIC to assure revenue recognition is treated properly.
- Support geographical promos as needed with financial analysis and insights.
- Help identify areas of opportunity and continually drives for their achievement. Drives ongoing operational improvement and acts as a change agent.
- Potential this role could managing a direct report(s) and sub-function group
- To lead the finance function in the market, with focus on being a business partner for the Zone VP and the Regional Management Team, ensuring financially sound (strategic) decision making and driving financial performance (P&L accountability).
- To secure and drive an efficient and effective finance infrastructure and organization in his/her scope (compliance to statutory & fiscal reporting, financial risk management, manage and develop the finance community in his/her scope).
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
You are part of a team of finance directors who each support one of four zones dividing the U.S. market. As a finance leader for a respective region you will sit on the leadership team to help drive developing sales strategies to meet business goals within your zone.
To Succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience,
- Solid basis and experience in Accounting, Internal Control and Planning
- Candidate must have a business curiosity and be eager to understand how other functions/stakeholder drive an overall successful sales organization.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Recommend a minimum of 8 years’ experience, MBA preferred.
In return we offer you an opportunity to drive business results in a fully empowered environment where by you and take decisions fast, while building front line experience in a healthcare industry experiencing a revolutionary change which Philips is helping define as you and creative sales team bring solution offering to market.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)