Brand Marketing Manager, Personal Health - Stamford CT
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop and execute marketing plans to drive household penetration, brand preference and market share in the Male Grooming Category in conjunction with the Marketing Director. In this leadership role you will develop local go-to-market strategies including target segmentation, consumer targeting and brand positioning to drive profitable growth for one of two brand segments– Shavers or Groom.
You are responsible for
Supporting the development of multi-year strategic business plans for the Brand including:
- Building the Marketing Planning (18 months rolling) linked to strategic objectives of the Business Market Combination and Strategic Plan of Record
- Analyzing consumer research, customer research, channel trends, current market conditions and competitor information to unlock new insights that will drive competitive advantage. Effectively analyze Nielsen data to identify business issues and trends.
- Creating Marketing Jobs to be done and briefs for demand generation programs, ensuring that business performance is being delivered according to KPIs
- Monitoring industry best practices and apply to the improve business outcomes.
- Assisting Marketing Director and global Category stakeholders to localize existing global product platforms
- Leading project management ensuring full on-time and in-full delivery of innovations
Developing and executing brand portfolio strategies for new and existing products:
- Helping to define Product Portfolio Strategy and Management for the local market, including roadmap planning & execution, and product launches/phase-outs
- Leading cross-functional Brand and Category reviews to identify issues and opportunities
- Assisting Marketing Director in P&L Management to deliver topline and profit targets
- Collaborating with Category and Supply Chain to optimize innovation deployment plan
- Collaborating with Category, Supply Chain, Sales and Category Management to manage SKU level portfolio plans and drive forecast accuracy
- Analyzing the productivity business cases and promotional plans and recommend optimization to Senior Management
- Delivering on for SKU Rationalization and working with Sales Planning to create deals to reduce Aging and Excess Stock
Leading customer-facing brand activities with Business Development and Sales Team:
- Assisting Marketing Director in creating internal selling decks and facilitating key Innovation and Line Review presentations
- Translating the midterm product roadmap into concrete product specifications for implementation by the Sales Teams and the Category Management organization in the different sales channels.
- Working closely with Sales planning to execute launches, promo plans & key account specific programs
- Representing the brand with key Sales Team Members and Customers
- Establishing effective working relationships and leveraging ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders and external agencies and partners.
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders effectively
- Developing and coordinating means to seek regular input from Senior Management and key constituencies regarding the quality of the plans / projects for the products / Brand.
You are a part of
The growth engine of the Personal Care team driving marketing excellence to support ongoing base business health as well as transform the business through new business initiatives. As part of the Marketing Team, you will work collaboratively with cross functional colleagues, connecting customer and consumers with personal care solutions improving health everywhere while growing as a business builder.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor required, MBA preferred
- 3+ yrs of relevant experience in marketing; preferably managing a portfolio of business
- Technical Marketing/Business Analytics & Fundamentals skills
- Demonstrates strong quantitative skills; experienced with IRI or Nielson is preferred
- Excellent stakeholder communication, Excel & PPT communication skills
- Drive to take Initiative and Ownership
- Self-starter, resourceful, and always willing to take on more
- Must be able to work semi-autonomously
- Ability to prioritize value added work
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Critical Thinking and Recommendation Making skills
- Lead and work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to connect the dots between responsibilities and business strategy
- Attention to detail, solid organization & time management
- Sense of urgency, adaptability and drive
- Creativity and entrepreneurship, unwilling to accept status quo
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120-year legacy of innovation. At Philips you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. The company makes sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)