Full-time - Operations Leadership Development Program
Full-time - Operations Leadership Development Rotational Program - Summer 2021 - Pittsburgh, PA or Cambridge, MA
Are you interested in a full-time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing or recently completed a Master’s (MBA) Degree to apply for the Operations Leadership Development Program – 2021 at our Cambridge and Pittsburgh sites. Through this role, you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience working for a HealthTech company.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead projects associated with internal business process improvement initiatives relating to Philips Operations organization. You will participate in discovery and definition of new initiatives.
You are responsible for
Diagramming and evaluating existing processes. Developing metrics for process measurement. Collecting data to identify root cause of problems. Measuring performance against process requirements. Aligning improvement to performance shortfalls. Survey and analyze best practices for techniques and processes. Develop business cases to support the project or program. Analyze, review and create executive level reporting.
The OLDP consists of three rotations lasting 6-9 months each for a total duration of approximately 18 months. Rotations entail leading projects in a variety of Operations and Supply Chain functions across Philips Operations.
Past rotations have included: inventory optimization at a manufacturing plant, launching 3rd party direct shipments for a business group, lean and six Sigma deployment strategy, pull-system implementation at a manufacturing plant, Sales and Operations Planning process improvement for a business group, procurement second sourcing process optimization, inbound freight optimization, leading Design for Excellence convention to identify cost savings and quality improvement opportunities for a product family, and rolling out supplier risk management methodology within a business group.
- Provide project management support to Operations teams
- Identify opportunities for improving processes that cut across multiple functions and that have a tangible impact on business performance
- Develop business cases to support the project or program. Measure and demonstrate impact to business from process re-engineering initiatives and efforts
- Analyze, review and create executive level reporting on portfolios, programs, and work-streams
Partner with stakeholders from various businesses, functions, and the Accelerate! Program Office to understand current issues with program management process design and implement solutions to address them
- Manage the issue resolution process and is responsible to ensure corrective actions are taken in a timely fashion
- Use data-driven analytical rigor and/or six sigma and/or lean expertise to accurately identify issues that lead to sub-optimal performance and their root causes
- Lead multifunctional teams to develop and implement process alternatives that are simple, efficient, and effective
- Work with cross-functional leadership to ensure agreement and process owner sign-off of improvements Ensure rigor in project execution, deliverables, timing and status reporting
Develop best practices guidelines or process documents and ensures the information and approach is applied broadly through best practice sharing sessions
After successful completion of the OLDP rotations, participants will exit the program into a full time positions with Philips.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
You are a part of
As part of our Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) at Philips, you will have the opportunity to create a meaningful impact on your career by enhancing the skills within your field, while developing break-through solutions that will create a meaningful impact on the lives of others. Through this program you will have the opportunity to experience the ins and outs of a globally diversified company whose mission is to impact the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently completing MBA degree (concentration in Operations preferred)
- Background in engineering / operations
- 3+ years business experience – knowledge of medical products and markets a plus
- Structured, process and result oriented way of working
- Thinks strategically and critically in building long-term plans
- Project management experience a plus
- Problem solving skills
- Understands broader strategic context of initiatives and project work beyond own assignment
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively builds and manages relationships, partners and networks within the organization
- Is effective at executing independent and interdependent tasks and activities
- Effective collaboration skills
- Assumes responsibility for task without prompting or direction
- Appropriate judgment in terms of escalation points and issue resolution
- Comfortable interacting with middle, senior & executive management
- The ability to lead without formal authority to do so
- Ability to convince/persuade senior managers and work with them to develop, launch and measure programs
Must have work authorization in the country where candidate is seeking employment.
For positions in the US, work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)