Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently on the hunt for an Account Manager.
As a SMB Account Manager you are responsible for a portfolio of client accounts and maintaining those relationships from the onboarding experience through to upselling. The SMB Account Manager works hand and glove with the Customer Success Team, where present, to build relationships through the onboarding and implementation process, solicits proactive feedback from clients, coordinates efforts internally to respond to client needs and drives increased value to client relationships. The role is responsible for meeting/exceeding budgeted retention rate and maximizing revenue through upsell opportunities.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this…
- Assist Customer Success Team, where present, with building relationships with onboarding and implementation of new clients where automated efforts are not present
- Manage and/or participate in the account implementation process serving as a trusted advisor and helping to build expectation for future relationship
- Bring SMEs into the onboarding process as needed to address specific issues/projects
- Drive continual value to the customer through best practice approaches and providing key insights on client needs
- Strategize with leadership, Customer Success where present, and peers to formulate the appropriate course of action to retain and delight customer all throughout their Nearmap journey
- Run analytics and provide feedback and analysis on efficiency improvements
- Seek out opportunities to increase revenue through upselling, both at times of subscription renewal as well as mid-contract
- Develop solution/value proposition, negotiate terms and close upsell business
- Achieving/Exceeding retention and upsell budgets
- Solicit testimonials & feedback for improved customer satisfaction and for future product development
- Ask for customer referrals to generate new business opportunities
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales performance by ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data use and entry into CRM (Salesforce)
- Brainstorm and share your insights and success with teammates
- Embrace constructive feedback from your manager and peers
- Engage in team development
More about what you need to bring....
- 1-2 years’ experience in B2B Account Management/Client Management position (preferably subscription based)
- Successful retention quota or KPI/KSO attainment with a demonstrated track record of success
- High levels of personal motivation and professionalism
- Strong customer service focus and orientation skills
- Positive self-starter with results driven attitude
- Positive and energetic
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to tackle multiple projects at once
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Experience and track record of value added up-selling
- The ability to prioritize and work towards deadlines
- Experience in CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, commission plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Regular social events
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy (and not so healthy) snacks
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled