The Senior Account Executive (Sr. AE) will thrive in a start-up environment – able to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to succeed. The Sr. AE makes first contact with our strategic prospects in the – ACE (Architecture, Construction, & Engineering) vertical in the Greater New York City area. The Sr. AE is responsible for a targeted list of named accounts, focused on making first contact, teaching our customers something new about their ability to use location based content to make their work processes more effective. The Sr. AE manages complex buying centers to deftly determine the mobilizers who will ensure a deal gets done, negotiate terms with all stakeholders including legal departments and devise strategies that swiftly moves a deal through the procurement cycle. The Sr. AE knows the difference between someone with a title and a mobilizer, and their understanding of that difference influences how they find the right people that get a deal done. You will thrive in an environment that craves an entrepreneurial spirit, one that doesn’t have everything figured out yet and wants your input to improve the way things get done.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this…
- Build an ACE territory plan with measurable objectives – number of key targets, timetables to achieve success, etc…
- Build account plans for your major ACE accounts that include influence matrices, org structures, and document your strategy to succeed.
- Map your prospect influences to our key executives and know how and when to leverage them in your opportunity.
- High volume prospecting of new ACE business opportunities, you don’t wait for leads to come to you and are willing to create your own opportunities utilizing cold calling, digital and online prospecting techniques.
- Manage your researched targets in our CRM system
- Manage 20+ opportunities simultaneously, where you are actively engaged in a selling cycle
- You will be actively engaged with these prospects and on-site as required
- Engages in conversations in team settings to solve challenges in the business
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist others
- Ensures customer data in SalesForce is thoroughly and carefully maintained; including but not limited to customer info, opportunity info, and details of customer interactions.
- You file accurate and timely reports on your business and necessary reporting for HR and Finance
- Ensure all customer enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively.
More about what you need to bring…
- 5+ years experience in enterprise account selling
- Bachelors degree in business, or equivalent business experience
- Experience and knowledge of ACE vertical a plus
- Extensive new business generation experience, with a track record of closing deals and crushing quota
- Demonstrated strategic solution selling experience, you are an experienced trusted advisor
- Software or SaaS sales experience highly regarded
- High competence with CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- Understanding of subscription model highly desirable
- Exceptional collaboration skills with a hunger to close deals
- Strong commercial acumen, proven ability to work with and sell to C Suite Executives
- Ability to coach and close at all levels, e.g. from subscription renewals to high value complex sales
- In-depth knowledge of sales cycles
- Excellent written, visual and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment, you’re flexible and able to handle unexpected events and able to shift directions when needed
- An entrepreneurial spirit, you stop at nothing to get the job done and succeed; long hours don’t bother you
- Sales driven and a strong desire to be a top performer
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Tenacious, positive and energetic self-starter who is results driven
- Able to work autonomously
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, commission plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy (and not so healthy) snacks
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being