Nava logo

Nava

4.4 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 51 to 200 Employees
Posted 2 years ago on Aug. 7, 2017

Program Director (DC or Remote)

Full-time in Washington, D.C.
See at-a-glance how well companies like Nava support the things that are important to you.
4.7
4.7
Nava is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 51 to 200 employees. Nava has a 4.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 92 ratings from 6 employees. 2 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Program Director to lead the delivery and client engagement efforts on a portfolio of strategic contracts.

You’ll lead the execution of multiple delivery teams to create positive execution environments, exceed the expectations of our government partners, and ensure that we successfully deliver contract scope on schedule and within budget. You’ll collaborate across projects and across the organization to proactively anticipate and solve problems across delivery, execution, expectation setting, culture, processes, and contract management. You’ll work closely with senior leadership to ensure that clients are happy, and to assist in identifying and evaluating new opportunities.

You are a strategic problem solver and have the ability to make thoughtful decisions while considering their impact across multiple teams, both internally and externally. You are an empathetic communicator and relationship builder – you take a service-oriented approach to supporting the program team and our clients. You are highly organized and care deeply about building and growing a sustainable, culture-conscious business.

You can work remotely, or work from Nava’s office in DC.

Opportunities and Challenges

Nava provides opportunities to do meaningful, impactful, mission-oriented work. As a public benefit corporation, we have a social mission written into our founding charter. The people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve access, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services. We see this as an opportunity, but it is also important to highlight the challenges we face in advance.

You will be working within the government ecosystem, which means working dynamically, with other government contractors and civil servants. Working with people outside of Nava means you'll likely encounter different working styles, cultural norms and be responsible for maintaining order and focus without authority. At the same time, working as part of a larger team allows us to deliver on projects of larger impact, scale and complexity.

The government contracting ecosystem is a compliance-driven multi-stakeholder environment – particularly when compared to the operating environments for companies of our size in the private sector. Successful members of our team understand how to be innovative within this environment. Finding and recommending ways to improve the ways in which government digital services are procured and built is one of the highest-leverage ways we fulfill our mission.