Mode Analytics logo

4.3 | San Francisco, CA | Computer Software | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted a month ago on Sept. 17, 2020

Senior Front-End Engineer

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Mode Analytics support the things that are important to you.
Female Representation in Leadership
4.7
4.6

Mode Analytics is a computer software company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 11 to 50 employees. Mode Analytics has a 4.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 109 ratings from 8 employees. Employees have left 5 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.

As a Front-End Engineer on Mode's Engineering team, you'll work closely with other Engineers, PM's, and Designers to build impactful applications with thoughtfully designed user interfaces that will help analysts get the most of Mode.

What you'll do

• Collaborate with a small cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to build, test, and ship new user facing code
  • Develop our core web applications for data analysts and business users
  • Define and maintain development practices that let us move fast with quality
  • Work with a wide range of tools and technologies (from Ruby to TypeScript) and be able to evaluate technologies for what we are building

What we look for

• Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular, Angular JS, React, VueJS, etc.
  • Working knowledge of HTML, Javascript/TypeScript, CSS and/or related technologies
  • Experience with building customer facing web applications
  • Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
  • Alignment with Mode's values

About Mode
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.

In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.

Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:

• Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
  • Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
  • Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
  • Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
  • Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies

Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.