LoftSmart logo

4.2 | New York City, NY | Real Estate | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted 3 weeks ago on Aug. 22, 2019

customer operations associate

Full-time in New York City, NY
See at-a-glance how well companies like LoftSmart support the things that are important to you.

LoftSmart is a real estate company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 11 to 50 employees. LoftSmart has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 13 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees.

LoftSmart is looking for a Customer Operations Associate to support our mission of helping young people discover and lease local rentals with transparency, ease, and simplicity. You’ll adopt a renter-first mindset to guiding a student renter from application through to lease via phone calls, emails, and SMS — managing any concerns, needs, and complex questions along the way. You will also interact directly with properties over the phone to maintain updated records of property-specific incentives & application processes and confirmation of completed application deliverables.
The ideal candidate for this role is an empathetic problem solver with an ability to communicate in a clear, helpful, and supportive manner. Join our growing team in helping student renters find their perfect place!
What you’ll do...
  • Advocate for students in everything you do — whether it’s in communication with properties or cross-functional LoftSmart team members, you’ll serve as the loud and proud voice of our student renters.
  • Master our internal systems — develop full operational knowledge and understanding of the leasing process and manage internal operations accordingly
  • Own and manage all renter communications across phone, SMS, and email to personally craft the LoftSmart renter experience — answer questions, resolve issues, and go above and beyond to assist with anything they need throughout their LoftSmart journey
  • Identify trends and pain points to brainstorm ways in which we can create solutions that deliver exceptional levels of customer happiness
  • Provide feedback and recommendations to our Product and Business Development teams to influence the creation of new features and processes
We’re looking for someone who is...
  • A clear communicator both in email and on the phone
  • A quick, resourceful learner who’s always curious to understand the “why” behind the “how”
  • An obsessively organized multi-tasker who never loses sight of the details
  • Patient and optimistic in their approach to problem-solving
  • A calm, composed speaker with the ability to manage renter expectations under pressure
  • Comfortable with and adaptable to new technology and business tools
Other requirements & considerations
  • Bachelor’s degree
  • Min 1 - 3 years of work experience in a customer facing position at a  startup
  • Experience working with CRM and helpdesk tools is a plus
  • Potential flexibility to work occasional weekend and evening shifts is a plus