Lever logo

4.3 | San Francisco, CA | Internet | 51 to 200 Employees
Posted 6 months ago on Oct. 21, 2019

Director Customer Success

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
See at-a-glance how well companies like Lever support the things that are important to you.
4.9
Female Representation in Leadership
4.9
4.8
4.8
4.7
Lever is an internet company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 51 to 200 employees. Lever has a 4.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 258 ratings from 18 employees. 8 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.

We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage.

THE CHALLENGE
We’re looking for a key leader for our Customer Success (CS) team who will evolve and build a fast growing function within the company. We’ve recently blended our traditional customer success and renewal teams to create an account management function; you will help us evolve the approach, manage through the change, define success, lead the team to achieving, and ultimately directly contribute to the success of our customers as well as our top-line company revenue goals.

We’ll look to you to help grow the team, establish Key Performance Indicators and operating rhythm, accurately forecast business outcomes, and work effectively with your cross-functional partners both in Toronto as well as in our headquarters in San Francisco.

THE OPPORTUNITY
You will lead the Customer Success team responsible for the West region’s customer base and revenue goals. You will partner closely with the VP and the CS leadership team to develop functional execution, risk mitigation, sales and success strategies while managing a sub-team of your own. You will serve as the VP’s key advisor while bringing a high level of sales expertise to the broader CS leadership team. You will also be tasked with assisting the VP to pioneer our upmarket approach for supporting our largest and most visible, vocal and complex customers.

Right away, you’ll have the opportunity to continue to grow our team of engaged and seasoned CSMs which are responsible for subscription renewals, expansion sales (upselling/cross-selling), success activities (service offering deliverables); ultimately ensuring our customers ongoing success and adoption of our Lever products. You’ll also have the opportunity to pitch-in as needed in developing deep customer relationships, escalations, as well as work with other leaders across Lever to further our upmarket approach and product roadmap.

A key aspect of this leadership role is mentoring and coaching early-to-mid career Managers and CSMs; guiding and educating them on sales methodology, account management strategy, and ultimately ensuring they will be successful now and in the future as they continue to grow within their careers.

This is an excellent role for someone who has the competitiveness of a sales leader but also craves developing deep relationships and partnership with customers. You must also possess a passion for team building and enjoy being a change agent in a rapidly evolving function and organization. Are you ready to build a world-class customer success function?

THE TEAM
Lever’s Customer Success Manager (CSM) team is a tight-knit and growing team with diverse backgrounds; we’re seasoned CSMs, account managers, salespeople, and even a few former recruiters. We’re charged with ensuring our customers are successful using Lever to recruit and hire top talent into their organizations. We work with some of the most innovative and unique companies across all industries from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses to global non-profits. Ensuring our customers are successful also drives our companies year-over-year revenue and growth goals; it’s a win-win!

We’re also a team that is ready to continue our growth, ready for the challenge of re-imagining what this recent blending of functions looks like moving forward as we continue to evolve, and ready for a leader to help guide, coach, and mentor us as we develop too. We also like a good bottle of wine and celebrating each others’ successes.