Crossrope logo

4.8 | Raleigh, NC | Health, Wellness and Fitness | 11 to 50 Employees
Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 16, 2020

Senior Android Developer

Full-time in Raleigh, NC
See at-a-glance how well companies like Crossrope support the things that are important to you.
4.7
4.7
4.3

Crossrope is a health, wellness and fitness company headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area with 11 to 50 employees. Crossrope has a 4.8-star InHerSight Score, based on 48 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees. Employees have left 3 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Our app is currently using a cross-platform technology, and you’ll be the primary person responsible for porting it to native Android and then implementing new features to take our app to the next level.

We’re looking for amazing developers (and people!) to join our team who can hit the ground running, take ownership of their respective platform, and be all-in on our growing team. If you enjoy a fast-paced, innovative environment, and want to be an integral member of an energetic team, while working closely with the company Founder, then consider Crossrope as your next career opportunity.

Our app already has hundreds of thousands of users, so your work will have a huge impact on people around the world. You’ll be a foundational technical hire, meaning you’ll be the expert in your respective platform and make important software architecture decisions.

Essential Responsibilities

• Porting the initial version of our application to Android
  • Developing new features and fixing bugs for our Android app
  • Managing our Android software architecture
  • Coordinating with Backend and iOS developers on APIs
  • Working with Product and UI/UX to ensure the app meets usability standards
  • Assisting with the Play Store release process

Essential Qualifications

• 3+ years of professional software development experience, with 1+ year of Android experience
  • Developed some apps on the Play Store
  • Experience making software architecture decisions
  • High code quality standards
  • Ability to hit the ground running with minimal oversight
  • Comfort learning new technologies
  • Great communication skills

You should be familiar with:

• Kotlin/Java
  • Android development environment, including Android Studio, ConstraintLayout, etc
  • Play Store release/review process
  • Interacting with backend developers and APIs
  • Android app design patterns

About Crossrope

Crossrope is a fast-growing fitness brand that delivers an engaging jump rope workout experience to customers around the globe. Our patented jump rope system and fitness app are used by over 250,000 people worldwide and we’ve been featured in top fitness and mainstream publications including Shape, Men’s Journal, Self, Rolling Stone, Business Insider, and The Wall Street Journal. We’re on a mission to inspire millions of people to get fit and show them that there are more fun and engaging ways to get fit, anywhere. For more information, check out our website, iPhone app, Android app, and Facebook community.

Crossrope provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.