AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Modeling and Simulation Engineer - To support the customer’s WAN and LAN networks to ensure network bandwidth and port capacity to meet customer metrics. Engineers will support the various service owners on current network configuration and future upgrades. Provides support to projects that involve networks. Participate in new network configurations and integration into existing networks to maintain optimal performance.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with Polygraph (#polygraph)
- Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, documentation, and reporting on the various networks
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders
- Analyze the current performance of systems and networks. Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the NRO's engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to eliminate impact on network performance, and improve survivability, and provide feedback to the network engineers
- Use complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies
- Generate reports and data required by Program Team to manage complex networks. Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification requirement.
Desired Qualifications: Experience with OPNET, WANDL, Excel, REDHAT (or similar) and other tools.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented