Sr. Systems Engineer
This career level position will require a highly skilled and motivated individual to own an environment. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate IT, The Senior Engineer role will be an integral part of the team and expected to mentor more junior members while showing exemplary knowledge and skills in system operations.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization. Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- The employee performs exemplary work in an area. The employee regularly coaches employees and provides project-level leadership. The employee is recognized within Workfront as a major resource in the knowledge area.
- Meets with the launch team to communicate potential changes, gathers and documents feedback. Prepares and sends company-wide emails/slack messages. Communicates with end users via the service desk system, documenting all interactions, setting appropriate expectations, and delivering on all expectations.
- Uses internal Workfront tool to manage all projects under minimal supervision. Utilizes best practices such as setting specific requirements, milestones, evaluating vendors, and proving vendor claims via proof of concepts.
- Guides the improvement of both systems and processes and the steps necessary to execute.
- Acts as an escalation point for associate systems administrators and systems administrators adhering to established service level agreements. Mentors co-workers into discovering root causes and discovering solutions. Guides co-workers into best practices. Creates weekly knowledgebase articles for discussion during weekly solution review and provides constructive feedback. Participates in the helpdesk training by instructing on more advanced topics.
- Submits change advisory board cab requests with all necessary information. Meets in CorpIT change preview to discuss changes and advises of potential impacts. Executes changes after they are approved by product CAB.
- Participates in vulnerability remediation by evaluating discovered vulnerabilities for accuracy, ability for remediation, and severity. Plans the remediation, updates servers and resources or contacts resource administrators to notify them of necessary updates.
- Interacts with Helpdesk, Launch Team, Vendors, Suppliers.
- Performs formal mentoring of other systems administrators. Takes advantage of opportunities to recruit talent.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of Systems Engineering/Administration experience
- MCSE, CCNA, or similar certifications desirable
Advanced Skills Required:
- Amazon Web Services
- Okta Administration
- WorkspaceOne UEM
- VMware ESXi
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Linux and Windows Administration
- G Suite Administration
- WAN Technologies
- Powershell, Bash, and other scripting languages
- Automation techniques
- Strong written, verbal, and documentation skills