WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2 and KLAS. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is seeking a talented Support Engineer Lead to join our fast growing organization. You will join WELL’s Client Success Support team and will report directly to our Director of Client Operations.
World-class client support is a critical function for creating success and satisfaction within WELL’s Client base. You will be responsible for managing, investigating, and resolving complex Tier 2 and 3 technical support issues across WELL's client base. You will have deep technical skills and know basic code. You will also have a solid foundation of healthcare IT concepts. You will be a player-coach, initially functioning as an individual contributor, and growing into a leader as the team expands over time.
- Own full resolution of all Tier 2 and 3 technical support tickets
- Drive team to achievement of issue-resolution organizational goals and SLAs
- Act as a technical subject matter expert on the WELL platform and platform integrations
- Manage escalation of all non-resolvable bugs to technical teams
- Contribute to process improvements that drive improved ticket throughput and resolution
- Coach other Support Engineers to grow overall team technical expertise
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in SAAS company support, operations or equivalent
- Healthcare IT experience; specifically supporting healthcare integrations leveraging HL7v2, RESTful APIs, and flat files (bonus if you have worked with HL7 FHIR)
- Experience with at least 1 object oriented programming language
- Deep troubleshooting experience (including debugging) and some development experience
- Some experience leveraging SQL for troubleshooting
- Experience working with technical product team members on new initiatives
- Self-motivated, driven individual who takes full ownership of solving problems
- A team player that is passionate about mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and/or start up environment
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role, we are open to candidates that currently reside within the United States, and are located in CST or PDT, specifically Santa Barbara, CA.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic remote company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
MacBook Pro provided
Unlimited vacation/PTO and a flexible work schedule
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.