Who we want:
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
What you will do:
As a Quality Engineer, you will serve as the liaison between suppliers and Stryker to drive effective continuous improvement as a result of the supplier base. You will work with internal customers and suppliers in support of supplier quality issues; provide technical support for activities related to supplier quality system assessment and performance evaluation. You will collaborate with the strategic sourcing, auditing and development groups to understand the capabilities and competencies of suppliers to meet our requirements and continually meet and adapt to our product quality and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with operations and the business functions to ensure quality performance of product and processes.
- Collaborate with Divisional QA, cross-functional and supplier teams to address top quality issues.
- Participate in supplier performance reviews
- Lead quality issues with suppliers & partner with Internal Customers; Lead effective supplier containment and corrections/corrective actions.
- Participate in CAPA projects and manage to timely root cause investigation, implementation and closure.
- Lead internal and supplier driven non-conformances and manage the timely closure of NC's.
- Apply statistical methods of analysis and process control to current operations in support of management review, CAPA, and other quality system processes
- Act as point of contact for Internal/ External Customer groups on key compliance issues related to assigned suppliers.
- Participate in External Audits and Internal Audits as needed. Ensure Regulatory compliance in area of responsibility to GMP of all medical devices regulatory agencies (i.e. FDA, IMB, Notified bodies, etc).
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of supplier data that ensures compliance with documented procedures & processes.
- Participate in the supplier material related processes which include: Material Review Board to ensure Coordination of MRB activities with the business unit to ensure the timely assessment of potential non-conforming products.
- Develop understanding of risk management practices and concepts and applies knowledge to manufacturing operations.
- Maintain structured communication channels with strategic sourcing, identifying responsibility by commodity / supplier.
- Liaising with the Manufacturing and Quality groups, in assessing and addressing material quality issues with assigned suppliers.
- Maintenance of the Approved Supplier List (ASL) in conjunction with the Global Sourcing, Supplier Controls and Audit functions.
- Deliver continuous improvement activities focusing on supplier quality.
- Support the creation and maintenance of inspection methods and sampling.
- Support the development and review of process and equipment validation/qualification and MSA of internal processes.
- Support internal quality deliverables associated with engineering changes, manufacturing transfers and supplier-initiated changes.
- Support manufacturing transfers to/from other plants/facilities, executing appropriate quality activities.
- Participate as required in SCRB in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Support assessment of supplier changes.
- Participate in supplier reviews for assigned suppliers as required.
- Participate in cross functional projects both locally & globally as required.
- Partner with SQM functions and Strategic Sourcing on the developments and approval quality assurance agreements with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: 10%
Address: 2 Shaker Rd f100, Shirley, MA 01464
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.