Senior Mechanical Engineer - Sustaining Design
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Sustain electro-mechanical systems and solutions (including their verification/validation, testing, and troubleshooting) that aid in the diagnosis and management of oncological diseases
You are responsible for
- Responsible for the sustainment of an inherited design, realization, and test of a mechanical subsystem and component; understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture.
- Based on original design specifications, performs tests/analysis to verify the performance of released products.
- Applies advanced concepts, theories, and principles to solve highly complex mechanical engineering problems.
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way and is responsible for keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget.
- Compose relevant reports to document history of design and verification test results.
- As project leader, creates the development plan and orchestrates its successful completion according to the charter.
- As project team member, delivers input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for the developed hardware/software/mechanics.
- Combines existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into the subsystem.
- Masters the use of document control tools and processes to include the role of peer reviewer.
- Performs all other duties diligently as assigned.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Mechanical Design Modeling and CAD Drawing (e.g. SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Experience in full life-cycle development in the industry Document Control System (e.g. Oracle Agile PLM)
- Strong Technical Writing and Communication
- IEC 60601-1, FDA 21 CFR Part 820, EU MDD, EU MDR
- Bachelor of Science or related technical degree, or equivalent professional engineering experience
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience professional engineering of medical devices
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)