3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on Oct. 14, 2020

Real Estate Design and Construction Program Manager

Full-time (Can work remote)
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Real Estate Design and Construction Program Manager

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Engage in various projects throughout the Real Estate portfolio within Philips.

You are responsible for

• Leading capital real estate programs through an end-to-end delivery model.
  • Project Types to include new construction, office, cleanroom, R&D labs, and industrial spaces.
  • Designing and executing real estate project plans within Philips design and construction principles: Planning includes – scope definition, critical path scheduling, resource identification, and capital budgeting.
  • Supporting transaction team to manage the over project cycle and provide design and construction expertise to each lease / purchase agreement.
  • Managing multiple projects, projects types, in different regions, simultaneously.
  • Resourcing consultants and vendors to implement projects across North America.
  • Providing direction to project team on Philips global design expectations and standards.
  • Maintaining, monitoring, and reporting on project status.
  • Creating value by balancing user requirements, efficient process, and cost effective implementations.
  • Reviewing, interpreting and strategizing project budgets, process, and schedules.

You are a part of

A team of real estate professionals with industry leading experience in corporate real estate, construction, facilities, and transactions.  Every member of our team is eager for the team to be successful but give space for individual contributions and growth.  As Philips continues our transformation to a global leader in the healthcare sector, we have several exciting projects that will help inspire our community.  Joining the team now would offer not only exposure to these exciting projects but also insight into the continued transformation Philips has undertaken.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Architecture degrees a plus
  • Minimum experience of 5 years of experience in leading real estate type projects.
  • Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
  • Interpret complex projects and communicate to upper management.
  • Proficiency in MS Office, Microsoft Teams, Autocad or other current apps.
  • Thorough knowledge of construction budgets, project accounting, scheduling, and contracts.
  • Capable of working independently and a self-starter, in a highly remote environment.
  • Travel expected up to 30%.
  • Ability to travel to Cambridge Headquarters as needed.

Your team

At Philips, the Real Estate team conducts business and forms relationships to help provide a welcoming environment for all employees and guests. We strive to provide our employees an environment that offer an engaging and energizing place to work.

In return, we offer you

The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips.  Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.

US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.

Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. The candidate needs to be able to commute to our Cambridge headquarters for meetings.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.

Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran