Mechanical Project Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead a cross-functional engineering team in the planning, coordinating, monitoring and executing new product development and/or sustaining projects. Has a complete understanding and wide technical expertise to resolve product design issues. Responsibilities to leverage project management skills and a general understanding of other engineering disciplines.
You are responsible for
- Working under general direction, lead a cross-functional technical engineering team on a major program or may function as project manager on small projects to develop new medical devices or accessories.
- Collaborate with project core-team members and other functional departments to create a project plan.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans and schedules
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the engineering project team.
- Accountable for meeting project scope, milestones and cost objectives.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Provide timely project status reports and other communications to management and stakeholders.
- Provides technical leadership for product development and engineering changes.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a technical discipline.
- A minimum of 9 years highly applicable and relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio)
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Records management and good record keeping practices
- Excellent task management including prioritization skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient and process oriented
- Able to persevere under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Professional presentation and strong interpersonal communications skills
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)