CT-MRI Field Service Engineer - Upstate NY
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips is seeking a CT-MRI Field Service Engineer to support their Imaging Systems business in the Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse area and covering other areas within the territory as needed. The Field Service Engineer will build customer relationships through the effective use of your technical knowledge to install, service, and maintain customer sites.
You are responsible for
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Adopts best practices and actively participates as a member of regional work team.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently, diagnose, and resolve any electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
You are a part of
Our Global Sales and Service organization where you will be challenge to deliver best in class service and uphold our reputation by offering top customer experience ratings. You will benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
- 5+ years of experience servicing electronic equipment required; field service in a hospital setting and/or healthcare environment is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with imaging systems preferably Computed Tomography - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (CT-MRI); multi-modality trained and multi-vendor experience is a plus
- Demonstrated repair and troubleshooting skills with imaging equipment is a plus. Additional training provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively, share knowledge and cooperate in a team environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives. Able to perform in a leadership role in some circumstances. Proactively complete assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- May be required to be available 24 x 7 via phone or pager, required to rotate in an on-call status.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Travel up to 50% to the customer site, zone office or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs outside the Zone.
- Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa for this opportunity.
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to sharpen your skills with new challenges, in a dynamic and innovative organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers and apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere where you can develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)