3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 3 days ago on June 29, 2020

Assembler Worker- 2nd shift- Full Time

Full-time in Murrysville, PA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Assembler Worker- 2nd shift- Full Time

Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today.

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

Add new knowledge for personal and organizational growth and proactively sharing knowledge with others. As well, you will have the chance to ensure quality, while looking for ways to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the organization's systems, processes and tools.

You are responsible for:

• Assembling and packaging various Respironics medical devices in an ISO and FDA regulated environment.
  • Operating all relevant machinery, tools and equipment; undertake standard and complex production tasks safely and in accordance with instructions.
  • Setting up or adjusting equipment according to manufacturing specifications.
  • Monitoring the quality of output to identify, discard or re-manufacture faulty products.
  • Maintaining accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed.
  • Working within the Demand Flow Technology® (DFT) system to produce quality products with minimal assembly and paperwork errors.
  • Be a team player in order to work flexibly within any area of assembly
  • Completing departmental procedures and administrative activities including accurate completion of Device History Records, inventory control processes (Kanban, Materials Movement forms, time tickets, pick lists, etc.), lot tracking scrap reporting, sequence cards and other administrative duties.
  • The ability to work overtime is an essential function of this 2nd shift (2:45pm- 10:45pm)

In return, we offer you:

The opportunity to drive commitment towards continuous improvement and vocalize suggestions and concerns, while assisting with idea generation for solutions. As well, help improve the line yield, determine what can be done to identify problems and aide in improving overall process to reduce errors and failures in the future.

We offer a competitive salary, vacation and sick time, an opportunity to earn a yearly bonus, medical, dental and vision, and a 401K.

You are a part of:

The first shift manufacturing team in our Murrysville (RIMR) location, who is responsible for assembling and packaging various Philips Respironics medical devices.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Work History
  • Experience in manufacturing, service or assembly, in a regulated environment (required).
  • Physical Requirements; this position requires the ability to move on a continuous basis in order to efficiently get to other work areas, frequent lifting up to 15 pounds, occasional lifting up to 40 pounds, ability to reach and ability to use fine manipulation skills.
  • The ability to read, speak and understand the English language is required in order to interpret the work instructions, procedures necessary to perform work tasks and comprehend the documents that comprise our Quality System, in order to comply with FDA regulations.
  • Manual dexterity and the ability to work productively on a repetitive basis is required.
  • Strong knowledge and proven execution of ‘Good Manufacturing Practices.’

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.