3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a month ago on Sept. 27, 2020

Materials Handler Inventory Coordinator

Full-time in Murrysville, PA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Materials Handler Inventory Coordinator

Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today.

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

Assure that the flow of materials through the operation is steady and continuous by participating in the coordination of Quality Notification inventory transfers and affecting timely disposition of all incoming materials.  Maintains a current awareness of released QN tasks awaiting completion through the SAP reporting environment.  Provide assistance to QN evaluators to locate the QNs for which they have responsibility. Maintain order and discipline within the non-conforming areas(s), assuring that all material transactions occur within the guidelines of the Quality System documents that define the Non-Conforming area processes.

In return, we offer you:

The opportunity to drive commitment towards continuous improvement and vocalize suggestions and concerns, while assisting with idea generation for solutions. As well, help improve the line yield, determine what can be done to identify problems and aide in improving overall process to reduce errors and failures in the future.

We offer a competitive salary, vacation and sick time, an opportunity to earn a yearly bonus, medical, dental and vision, and a 401K.

You are responsible for:

• Monitors the ERP QN activity for tasks which are released and awaiting action from NC coordination team.
  • Responsible to interact with production resources, and the procurement and engineering communities regarding material issues such as emergency receipts and quantities at risk.
  • Prioritizes QN task completion based on age of QNs, production/engineering requirements, and physical size of QN, to assist the production and engineering teams to meet their respective goals.
  • Uses expertise and judgement when receiving and locating incoming QN material, balancing appropriate physical location with expected activity.
  • Provides assistance to QN evaluators to locate the QNs for which they have responsibility.
  • Performs disposition transactions such a scrapping, following the documented procedures which require meticulous assignment of reference information to preserve the "chain of custody" for the material that is on the QN.
  • Maintains ultimate authority to enforce the QN procedures-No material can be added or removed without the awareness of the NC coordinator.

You are a part of:

The first shift MA team in Murrysville.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
  • 2+ year of experience working within manufacturing or warehousing
  • Basic Computer skills required; Microsoft Office and SAP
  • Must possess positive and respectful attitude, work well with others, maintain a high sense of urgency, attention to detail, be adaptable and be safety conscious.
  • Physical Requirements; this position requires the ability to move on a continuous basis in order to efficiently get to various work areas, frequent lifting up to 60 pounds and the ability to reach and ability to use fine manipulation skills
  • The ability to read, speak and understand the English language is required in order to interpret the work instructions, procedures necessary to perform work tasks and comprehend the documents that comprise our Quality System, in order to comply with FDA regulations

Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.

To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.