Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for driving meaningful Ultrasound Platform innovation, identifying issues in early new product/feature development to improve quality and reduce cost, as well as troubleshooting existing Ultrasound Platforms after production launch.The Platform Mechanical Engineering (ME) team is part of the Ultrasound I2M (R&D) department and is responsible for the mechanical design and development of new Ultrasound Platforms as well as the support of existing Ultrasound Platforms. This position is based in Bothell, WA.
- Lead the mechanical development and release of new Ultrasound systems and product upgrades to improve overall long term system quality, reliability, yield rates, and cost effectiveness.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure the mechanical designs meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Use SolidWorks to create and modify mechanical architectures, 3D designs, and 2D drawings.
- Support existing Ultrasound systems in production including root cause analysis of product issues found in manufacturing and early life customer systems, and implementing product design solutions to improve manufacturability and prevent recurrence of defects.
- Provide technical support to the production team as required to meet production goals.
- Drive continuous improvement projects related to design implementation, manufacturing process, product quality and reliability.
- Eager to learn and grow technical skills in an exceptional environment.
- Strong communication and collaborative abilities, proactively seeks out expertise and advice and input from others in a collaborative team-environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the design meets their expectations and needs, and that the needs/requirements are properly documented.
- Self-motivated, able to carry out assignments with limited instruction, and efficiently plans, manages, and delivers development work for complex projects.
- In-depth Mechanical Engineering design and analysis skills including demonstrated capability in thermal, structural, and tolerance analyses.
- Capable of evaluating design margins, tolerances, and reliability factors including, wear, materials strength, chemical compatibility, and compounding environmental effects.
- Experience working with suppliers and design partners, including part/module development and resolving technical issues.
- Specific knowledge in part design for Plastics, Sheet Metal, and Die Casting.
- Methodical, effective troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Highly proficient in CAD, specific experience and proficiency in SolidWorks required.
- Strong technical writing/ documentation skills for regulated medical device design environment, including requirements definition.
- Knowledge of good design practices and experienced with DFMEA.
- Experience with document control systems (E-Matrix, Agile) and FDA/ISO regulated medical device design environment.
- BSME or MSME from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering environment required, preferably in medical device development.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
The Opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)