Therapeutic Field Service Engineer (Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Patient Monitoring business within an assigned geographical area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Perform repair, preventative maintenance and installation of ventilation, anesthesia, defibrillators, infant care and other devices in the hospital and institutional environments.
- Sell Service products to customers including: Service Agreements, test equipment, training, and parts
- Assist in identifying and drafting procedures, policies, etc.
- Provide technical advice and support to Respironics sales staff.
- Coordinate with dispatch to ensure minimum local inventory availability and to provide time effective customer service.
- Enter and maintain all service notifications, service orders and resource-related billing. Sell service agreements and service products.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Maintain a positive P&L
- Perform Duties in compliance with relevant QSRs and ISO regulation
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to Managers or Sr. Field Service Representatives while maintaining regular phone contact with Manager
You are a part of a team
That delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals, to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors in Electrical/Mechanical/Biomed preferred with 3 or more years of experience OR AS with 5 or more years of experience
- Proficient in applying electronic/mechanical knowledge to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is in compliance with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined, and the ability to work independently and ability to lead other on projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to complete service orders to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coach & mentor FSEs ensure excellent customer experience during the repair.
- Train on proper documentation processes and language to meet regulatory requirements
- Lead internal and external resources to a stated objective without formal authority.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment and hand tools.
- Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Regularly speaks, hears, and views computers.
- Frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds, with assistance available.
- Occasionally twist, and crawl.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and extended reach.
- Regular grasping and repetitive hand movements.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, safety glasses, hard hat, steel toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live in Colorado.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)