Sr. Cash Accountant
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Assist in the Aging & Caregiving (ACG) Organization with accounting support through bank reconciliations, cash application process and accounts receivable analysis. Inspire and guide cash application team and assist with developing efficiencies to support the organization. Provide A/R analysis to ACG leadership for all lines of business within the ACG organization.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Develop and maintain daily bank reconciliation to ensure all payments received by the various payers and lines of business are applied to the general ledger and customers’ accounts.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations and maintain IC Controls.
- Maintain a high-level of engagement with teams in line with company expectations and support leadership.
- Ensure delivery of account reconciliations, A/R KPIs business line targets targets, including day to day service levels, customer experience, quality measures and compliance measures.
- Create/support daily management to monitor production/performance.
- Continuous identification and implementation of operational best practices through interaction with the teams.
- Ensure all Work Instructions are maintained and modified as necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate achievement of results e.g. business improvements, cost savings, deadlines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
You are a part of
Philips’ Aging and Caregiving organization, which is part of the Global Business Services (GBS) North American hub in Nashville, Tennessee. Philips GBS Nashville hub has experienced significant growth in the Greater Nashville area since the original announcement of adding 800+ jobs in 2017. Philips is a global leader in health technology and we are looking to build the team in Nashville with passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals empowering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2030.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required.
- 6+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Passion for customer experience, operational excellence and continuous development
- Exercises judgement to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Eager to take on new tasks/responsibilities; develops and shares best practices
- Excellent and concise oral and written communication skills, including active listening
- Strong interpersonal skills, with positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, advocating change
- Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail
- Proven ability to use good judgment and make confident decisions under defined policies and procedures
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on day-to-day activities, maintaining a high degree of integrity
- Strong understanding and use of Lean Principles.
- Working knowledge of SAP, and PeopleSoft is highly preferred
- Ability to successfully interface and influence people at various levels of the organization.
- Detailed oriented with a track record of effective time management skills
- Determination to achieve excellent results
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Project management: development and deployment of new processes and procedures
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully explore your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)