Manager, Supplier Quality Assurance
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Assure that the Quality systems at the suppliers (including contract manufacturers) and Philips meet relevant Purchasing Controls requirements; scope of activity includes all QMS relevant Purchasing Controls processes, systems and procedures, as well as Q&R processes indirectly related to Purchasing Controls (e.g., CAPA, audit). Participate in the development and continuous improvement of suppliers’ Quality Assurance processes to ensure high quality and compliance. SQA is accountable and responsible for supplier audits, external inspections/ audits of Purchasing, and training.
You are responsible for
- Deploying and ensuring conformity to relevant Philips Excellence practices to identify and solve major supplier quality issues where simple analysis of Supplier Quality data is required.
- Executing a multi-disciplinary approach and application of knowledge of Supplier Quality principles, theories and concepts; including ASL Management, Auditing, SCAR Coordination, Performance Monitoring, APQP, and Quality Transition Plans.
- Formulating a Supplier Quality solution by combining previous experiences, and by composing newly acquired Supplier quality knowledge.
- Leading multi-disciplinary change projects in supplier quality, managing deliverables of others, ensuring milestones are met.
- Taking difficult, complex problems, and shaping them into executable plans to fulfill business and quality targets.
- Leading strategic and tactical teams, fostering a cooperative effort among members of a project team to deal with different levels of cross functional people
You are part of
Philips Respironics is a global leader in the sleep and respiratory markets, we're passionate about providing solutions that lead to healthier patients, practices, and businesses. For us, innovation in sleep apnea management, oxygen therapy, noninvasive ventilation, and respiratory drug delivery is driven by gaining insight into the needs of our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Engineering, Quality, or other Science Discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in Supplier Quality or Procurement, including at least three years of leading cross-functional projects with a progressively expanded scope and impact
- Strong Quality Acumen, including, but not limited to: ISO 13485, FDA QSReg (21 CFR Part 820), REACH and RoHS Awareness, Good Documentation Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, Root Cause, Corrective Action, Six Sigma, Lean, Supplier Quality Auditing, Approved Supplier Lists
- Extensive experience driving projects with suppliers/customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Proven track record in Project Management, Conflict Management, Negotiation, Effective Communication and Presentation, Global Collaboration and Stakeholder Management
In return, we offer you
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)