3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 3 weeks ago on Nov. 15, 2019

Program Manager-R&D/Product Development

Full-time in Cambridge, MA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,084 ratings from 75 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Program Manager-R&D/Product Development

In this role, you have the opportunity to:

Lead cross-functional Program teams for New Product Development and Sustaining initiatives focused on our MR Imaging product lines in our General & Specialty Care (G&SC) Business.

You are responsible for:

• Responsible for the management and execution of several high priority programs/projects, including project plans, forecasts and/or budgets, and timelines (milestones).
  • Collaborate and lead the cross-functional team for technical programs for product life cycle management as well as new products.
  • Coordinate activities/tasks and resources across all departments including R&D, Operations, Clinical Affairs, Marketing, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs;
  • Develop, track and report on project plan, detailed project schedule, change control requests, and project deliverables;
  • Provides comprehensive tracking and monitoring for project team using project management expertise and tools;
  • Monitor compliance to medical device design control and product development process for all aspects of program.
  • Use appropriate communication tools to ensure that all project customers are informed of project status;
  • Negotiate with stakeholders to ensure positive response and agreement, striving for win-win situations;
  • Facilitate risk management of projects and escalation/mitigation of significant deviations.
  • Facilitate program/project team meetings with agendas, minutes and action items; and
  • Assure that extended team program support activities of functional teams are aligned with the project plan.

You are a part of:

A talented Program Management (PMO) organization with a passion for improving quality of life through solutions designed around the needs of customers and their patients. Our Innovation is driven by gaining insight into the needs of the patients and clinical professionals who use our MR Imaging solutions.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering (Electrical, Biomedical, Systems etc…)
  • Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Program/Project Management for the medical device, aerospace, DOD or other regulated industries (medical device experience preferred).
  • Experience working in multiple functional disciplines (R&D, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, and Regulatory) is preferred.
  • Strong problem solving skills including root cause analysis and statistical techniques.
  • Demonstrated experience in managing/improving product performance and product quality (defect rates, etc.) improvements.
  • Project status/KPI communication, schedule management (including tools such as MS Project) and budgeting is required.
  • PMP certification and/or Six Sigma/Lean Certifications preferred.
  • Comfortable working with globally distributed teams of engineers and suppliers.
  • Demonstrated leadership skills including conflict resolution, negotiation, and influence management desired.
  • Demonstrated skill with MS Office suite, MS Teams/SharePoint, SAP, etc. preferred

In return, we offer you:

A rewarding career, supportive atmosphere and positive work environment in which you will utilize and sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization.

Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.

To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.