In this role, you have the opportunity to
Advise business group or function on legal and strategical matters surrounding privacy/data protection as well as for monitoring all relevant products, services, processes, solutions, systems and architecture to assure compliance with privacy and data protection laws.
You are responsible for
- Acting as privacy legal point of contact for the corresponding business and functional leaders and their teams.
- Providing expert support and consultancy to promote and facilitate privacy compliance.
- Implementing, overseeing and monitoring Central Privacy Compliance Program activities.
- Identifying personal data processing activities carried out by the relevant business or function and executing privacy compliance assessments.
- Maintain up to date processing registry (Controller and Processor) of the relevant business or function. Drive and embed privacy by design controls into the business processes, quality management systems, products and propositions of your relevant business or function.
- Identifying specific training needs, tailoring and delivering privacy training to the Responsible Executives (or their delegates) and to personnel access to personal data;
- Providing privacy legal support in the due diligence of third parties.
- Acting as Privacy Investigation Lead in response to potential personal data breaches.
- Participating in the improvement of the Central Privacy Compliance Program by actively leading or working within a team project providing feedback and/or recommending enhancements.
You are a part of
The Legal Team and will be supporting one of the business units. You will report to the Head of Privacy Officers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- JD degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within a legal or compliance role in the field of privacy and data protection
- Certified International Privacy Professional Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of EU and U.S. data protection regulatory requirements.
- Communication skills in English is required. Ability to communicate in Dutch is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology-related law and clinical research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Practical business judgment and ability to qualify actual practical risk
- Occasional travel to consult with internal or external customers
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role will open many doors for your long-term career, inside and outside of Philips. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)