In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work with a cutting edge diagnostic imaging product as part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D) business cluster. We are radically improving our program management capabilities and looking for an exceptional medical device program management professional to lead major new product development programs, mentor our teams on best practices and manage large cross-functionally supported project teams under a program structure.
You are responsible for
- Creating and managing highly complex, multi-disciplinary programs involving hardware, software, and disposable aspects related to the development of medical devices
- Developing the Master Integration Plan linking sub-projects for cohesive execution across the program, and organizing program and project documentation to clearly communicate assumptions, progress and risks
- Driving project teams through the preparation, presentation and archival of Design Control reviews, Business Stage Gate Reviews, and other project deliverables to support Program objectives
- Serving as the spokesperson for program and sub-project teams in management updates, including executive management, and design control review meetings
- Demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in a style that is timely, proactive, concise, candid, accurate, and clear
- Mentoring teammates and other project managers on project management best practice and tools
- Crafting an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences based on consistently demonstrated personal values
- Champion continuous improvement as demonstrated by personal example
- Serving as an internal consultant for the deployment of the new PMO processes, tools and templates
- Up to 15% travel (domestic & international)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science, advanced degree preferred (MS, PhD, or MBA)
- 10+ years of direct project or program management experience in medical devices, including multi-project programs requiring integration of separate sub-project teams
- Experience managing large cross-functional programs related to the development of medical devices involving Disposables, Software, Hardware, Systems
- Demonstrated success leading, communicating and influencing cross-functional peers, including proficiency in running team meetings, management updates and internal development reviews
- Experience managing the development of medical devices through initial launch within the US, EU, Japan or a combination thereof
- Working knowledge of Design Controls regulatory requirements (US, EU and Japan)
- Experience with Class II or III interventional cardiology diagnostic imaging catheters, pressure and flow guidewires, coronary / peripheral guidewires and catheters
- Experience running programs with large scale clinical evaluations
- PMP Certification, Critical Chain and Scrum/Agile experience preferred
You are a part of:
As a highly influential leader, you will lead high profile teams responsible for driving program execution to help achieve our mission of impacting patient lives through delivering high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – working cross functionally with R&D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)