Director Complaint Handling Operations
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help transform PMS, which will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
This role will have significant visibility and a chance make a real difference to our employees and our customers as we add value through post market insights. You will provide strategic direction for complaint handling for Philips. This leadership role requires a strategic problem solver with a strong aptitude for driving efficiency, innovation to build process for the future, while ensuring effectiveness in complaints management.
You are responsible to
- Accountable for leading and redefining complaint handling operations for Philips.
- Act as a role model Change Manager to establish complaints management as an advantage through innovative thinking and close collaboration with business and cross-functional partners.
- Develop and implement standard way of operating for Philips complaint handling. Ensuring that respective processes are timely, effective and efficient. This includes prompt identification of potential reportable and/or safety related complaints, reporting to authorities within prescribed timelines, and mechanisms for timely customer follow-up and response.
- Drive compliance to global regulations and standards, ensuring operation activities are in accordance to requirements of external governing authorities, internal QMS and Philips business process methodologies
- Partner with businesses, markets, functions, and suppliers to understand and mitigate risks related to timely and effective complaints' processing, as well as driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and execute on the overall strategy, relationship, governance and structure with internal and external partners.
- Partner with global complaints processing teams to drive improvements in complaint handling tool workflows to enable efficient and effective execution.
- Being part of the PMS leadership team, continuously evaluate effectiveness of overall post market processes to resolve gaps or areas for improvement and solutions to mitigate
- Responsible for contributing to team, department and/or business results, including recruiting, developing and coaching of talent. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended business partners.
You are a part of
As a result of Philips renewed commitment to Quality, it has recently restructured its organization to ensure you and your department have clear interactions with Philips Business Group and the leadership. As part of this new structure, you are empowered to use your voice and expertise to have a positive impact on your team, our business, and health technologies that will improve the health, well-being and care for people around world.
Through timely, effective and efficient complaints management operations, you will ensure that the voice of the customer is collected and understood.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills. A problem solving and pragmatic attitude.
- Bachelor’s engineering or science degree plus a minimum of 12 years of related experience in the medical device.
- Direct experience leading post market/complaint handling activities is required.
- Experience with FDA and/or other regulatory audits/inspections is required.
- Direct experience with corresponding to inquiries associated with regulatory device reporting (i.e. MDR, MDV, etc.) is required
- Must have knowledge of most regulations relative to complaint handling and reporting, such as: ISO 9001/13485/14971, FDA Regulations (21CFR (803, 806, 820)), CMDR, JPAL, Medical Devices Directive (93/42/eec, 98/79/EC)), and EU MDR.
- Must possess strong customer focus with doing it right the first-time approach and be able to demonstrate high performance behavior of shared accountability.
- Ability to drive decision-making while effectively communicating detailed information and strategic decisions to project team members of all levels.
- Proven experience driving key initiatives or processes in a global, matrixed organization. Experience with leading organizational change preferred.
- Process excellence or green belt six sigma is preferred.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)