3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 3 months ago on July 28, 2020

Sr Contract Administrator

Full-time in Alpharetta, GA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Sr Contract Administrator

In this role, you have the opportunity to

assume a key role for contracting with individual hospitals, IDNs and GPOs within the healthcare market. You will also support the coordination of RFI/RFPs from highly influential hospital groups that will make a significant impact on our future business.

You are responsible for

• Being a mentor, assisting other more junior contract administrators in their duties.
  • Drafting, reviewing and revising various client-facing contracts such as: master agreements, amendments and renewals.
  • Generating contracts from standardized contract templates for multiple business units.
  • Reviewing customer terms and conditions; providing recommendations relating to any exceptions or items of concern or caution and contribute to their negotiation with the customer.
  • Interfacing with the corporate legal, finance and other supporting cross functional teams to answer questions and resolve issues related to transactional business.
  • Preparing Request for Proposal responses as required to support the Corporate Accounts and Sales teams.
  • Meeting proposal deadlines through effective time management, establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, assembly and submission of proposals.
  • Identifying and addressing commercial, financial, legal and operational issues on complex matters and seek advice from management and subject matter experts.
  • Conducting historical contract review, preparing contract summaries for various departments/purposes and provide guidance to company personnel regarding contracting issues, concepts and requirements.
  • Proactively making recommendations to management for ways to improve contract templates, processes and policies.
  • Providing  administrative-level support for the company’s contract management software.
  • Communicating clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.

You are a part of

Our pricing and contracting team performing as a highly influential senior level teammate creating high impact results while helping to achieve our mission of delivering consistent high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• Bachelor’s degree, and/or MBA degree preferred OR Education and experience equivalent to eight or more years’ related experience required, Paralegal Certificate desired
  • Knowledge of contract and business law required. Emphasis in business and transactional-related course work preferred.
  • Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Adobe
  • Demonstrate leadership skills, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct and control the activities of the assigned organization and interface effectively with management.
  • Must have experience in contract drafting, reviewing, revising and interpretation.
  • Must be able to work independently and handle given assignments with minimal supervision.
  • Able to effectively communicate contract principles and policy to internal business teams.
  • Assist other contract professionals in working with internal or external business teams on issues relative to assigned contracts.
  • Ensure contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate guidelines.
  • Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and motivated; approachable and trustful, demonstrate a high level of accountability, leadership, and decisiveness and the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple priorities.

In return we offer you

The opportunity to work directly with our high level IPNs and GPOs to help shape our future and make sure we are holding our contracts to the highest standards.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1