Senior Manager, Financial Reporting Long-term Strategic Partnerships, Cambridge MA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
be part of the transformation whereby Philips is entering into more long-term strategic partnerships (LSP). This position will be part of a dedicated team of financial experts that participate in and support the LSP Program Structure in establishing sound governance for LSPs. The position will support transaction deal teams during solution development and contracting phase with accounting guidance. The role entails mandatory approval of revenue accounting, lease accounting and asset derecognition accounting for large and complex hospital deals. Support internal control in adapting revenue related internal controls to reflect the change in nature and complexity of healthcare transactions. The position will support creating best practice customer solutions.
- Support transaction teams with accounting guidance during solution development and contract negotiation
- Accountable – We are accountable for appropriate financial reporting for LSPs, MES deals and relevant PPPs
- Monitor the quality - We will monitor the appropriate accounting and reporting in Philips of large hospital deals (LSP/MES/PPP) over the term of the contract
- Advise - We are a team of technical accounting advisors, with particular expertise in complex revenue recognition, asset derecognition and lease accounting
- Inform - We will inform on the accounting and external reporting implications relative to major transactions – to support decision-making and awareness
You are a part of
a global team, part of the Accounting, Reporting and Internal Control (ARIC) organization, with a primary focus on North America and Latin America.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Holds a bachelor or master in Finance / Accounting, preferably complemented with CPA qualification
- Has extensive and progressing finance experience (at least 10+ years), early career at a big-4 audit firm with subsequent business experience in a revenue recognition role
- Has extensive experience with Revenue Recognition, lease accounting and preferably also with asset transfers / asset derecognition
- Has the ability to interact with and influence executives and must be able to build a new function and embed that function in a changing organization
- Has experience in managing sensitive information in business environment
- Is able to translate / explain highly complex accounting challenges in a simple manner
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)