APQP Regional Lead - NA
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide guidance and implement strategies that drive product quality and continuous improvement (being one of three SQA Regional APQP Leads representing either the EMEA,APAC or Americas Region and being an important member of the Global SQA team).
Key areas of responsibilities (KARS) for this role include:
- This role will assume the Regional BPE (Business Process Expert) mantle for the APQP process, and will be responsible for the regional implementation of the global APQP strategy, coordination and measurement of APQP activities at within the Philips businesses and at Suppliers, ensuring an effective implementation of the APQP process within SQ
- A significant emphasis is placed on coaching, mentoring and competency development to ensure effective execution of the cross-functional aspects of the APQP process, as well as the APQP deliverables, at the project team level within the businesses
- As a Subject Matter Expert, provide advice and direction to personnel undertaking APQP activities with our Suppliers or at our manufacturing locations
- Collaborate with and influence other stakeholder groups within Philips to ensure the quality and timely inputs required to effectively execute the APQP process
- Support ongoing development and delivery of training programs that will ensure the necessary application and compliance to the APQP process requirements
- As one of 3 Regional Leads (EMEA,APAC and Americas regions) you will contribute to the ongoing development/improvement of the APQP process, including alignment and integration with the Company’s quality management system requirements
- Ensure the APQP process complies with all necessary Regulatory Standards including the European Medical Device Directive, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971 and relevant FDA QSR or international regulated body requirements – within Philips, and at Suppliers
- Lead, manage & execute specialized projects and their designated resources as required, focused on the reduction of risk in our suppliers manufacturing processes (e.g., facilitating APQP aspects of Supplier Quality Improvement (SQIP) projects)
- Participate in various forums (e.g., project phase gate reviews, APQP workshops, etc) to oversee the correct application of the APQP process, drive actions and take decisions to ensure quality from our Suppliers
- Act as Regional escalation point for SQ personnel who experience difficulties in implementation or execution of APQP responsibilities
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master (preferably in engineering or science)
- 4-6 years’ experience in either a Quality, NPI or Continuous Improvement function within a large matrix organization
- Experience in the deployment and use of APQP within a structured, phase gated product development project management process
- Experience in a regulated area (Medical Device, Pharma, Automotive, Aerospace, Food) is preferred
- Experience with quality systems, quality tools and methodologies
- Experience in an international environment (preference)
- Ability to think out of the box and adapt to commercial context
- Self-starter and self-directed, capable of working with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate well, oral and written in English
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Quality focus, positive mind-set, assertive personality, strong character and authority
- Be a proactive thinker, who is objective and practical in their methodology.
- Have strong communication skills and be competent in meeting customer’s requirements whilst managing the overall expectations.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)