GI Ultrasound Clinical Education Specialist (Home-Based: New England)
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
Provide training and education to Philips Ultrasound customers to insure the successful use of our ultrasound products and thereby contribute to the successful attainment of the ultrasound business targets. This will involve designing and implement training and education programs for our internal and external customers and working closely with the Clinical Education Manager, Advanced Technical Trainers, and Product Marketing, to ensure continuous and accelerated career growth, customer clinical growth, business success, and customer satisfaction. This role is very diverse with shifting priorities. Must be flexible and know how to prioritize work effectively to ensure time is utilized well to deliver on commitments.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Handle territory management effectively, owning the customer relationship from a clinical perspective.
- Deliver customer presentations; technical and clinical (Advanced Customer Training, Universities)
- Deliver on-site customer training for purchased education days.
- Site visits to customers to review education entitlements to ensure customers are aware of their tuition and assist them to register
- Identify customers to discuss education needs with and propose education plans
- Build technical, clinical and professional skills and knowledge. (New registries, cross training, relevant business courses, personal development courses, etc.)
- Organization Skills/Time Management/Professionalism
- Submit weekly schedule to management
- Maintain expenses according to company policy
- Submit expenses weekly to ensure timely reimbursement and expense tracking
- Maintain company property
- Follow all company and departmental policies, and use appropriate and cost conscience decision making
- Act in a positive and professional manner at all times
Key Issues and Decisions:
Measured Key Competencies
- Build and Maintain Relationships - Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers at all levels in the buying organization, within his/her organization (the service & sales teams and corporate), and within the industry.
- Positions system features and capabilities effectively linking them to customer needs
- Routinely strategizes with internal team prior to educational/training events
- Trainings are well-planned and customized to deal with areas of interest on behalf of the customer
- Utilizes corporate and team resources to address specific customer issues
- Communicates customer reactions and concerns to service & sales team members and management
- Understand Customer Requirements and Provide Consultancy - Utilizes discipline and critical thinking in the definition and analysis of customer needs and proposes solutions to those issues.
- Actively seeks information regarding customer interests/needs prior to and during the training
- Utilizes listening and thorough note-taking to document key needs and issues
- Through questioning, assists customers in prioritizing needs and requirements
- Keeps key stakeholders, internally and externally, informed and aware
- Adapts approach and style to cultural (organizational and national) and personality style variants
- Create Solutions Meeting Requirements - Develops solutions based on customer needs delivering optimal results for customers and Philips.
- Utilizes product knowledge to effectively position features and capabilities that represent solutions to customer needs
- Finds solutions that meet business, clinical and personal needs
- Utilizes corporate resources to address specific customer issues
- Adjusts personal style to accommodate the preferences of the prospect
- Manages conflict both internally and externally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 5 years clinical experience as an RDMS Sonographer
- Registry required: RDMS in AB and/or OB/GYN
- Registries preferred: RVT and or RDCS
- Thorough understanding of: Advanced clinical applications and 3D/4D as it applies to General Imaging and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Working knowledge of: 3D/4D acquisition, manipulation and quantification along with extensive anatomical knowledge as related to modality
- Thorough understanding of any of the following applications is preferred: MSK ultrasound, Fetal echocardiography and or Breast ultrasound
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous classroom teaching experience preferred
- Previous presentation experience required
- Participation in clinical research preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Commercial medical equipment business or sales experience preferred
- 50% travel time though that may fluctuate dependent on the territory and as needs change
- Must be able to discuss education options and be comfortable up-selling the customer on additional education.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
** The preferred location for this position is Worcester but will consider other locations within the territory. The territory for this job includes some CT, MA except for Boston, ME, VT & NH). Candidate must reside in a city within their territory that holds the majority of their customer base and be located near a major (non-regional) airport (within a 1 hour drive) to be considered.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to grow in your profession by becoming a subject matter expert in your field, while working closely with our customers to ensure their overall satisfaction.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)